What's new
What's new

We have lotsa new machine threads but this is our first new building thread!

Edster

Diamond
I haven't posted much latley. Been busy with the acquisition of a new building for the machine shop. We finally closed on the building in July and we spent about a month getting the building ready. The previous owner had a unistrut grid installed about 8ft high in the entire shop so that had to go. But we kept all the materials and have been reusing what we could. We also got the building completely furnished with office furniture, pallet racks, work benches, forklift, etc. so things couldn't have worked out better.

I've been posting on Instagram incase anyone is interested in our progress. My goal with the move was to finish before winter and we finished Friday Dec 20th the last day of fall, lol : )

Here's a link to a few Instagram posts.

Merry Christmas!

Ed Weiher on Instagram: “We've been in our current shop since 2005. It's an 1800 sqft industrial condo, and in 2008 we expanded into the 2400 sqft condo next door…”

Ed Weiher on Instagram: “Mr John's killing it getting the new shop ready. Looks much better without the #unistrut #junglegym lol! Just need to rearrange the…”

Ed Weiher on Instagram: “Mr. John getting started on the air system. We should have the compressor up and running soon! #kaeser #kaesercompressor #aircompressor…”

Ed Weiher on Instagram: “First stage of our move is finished. #saganbrothers had three trucks loaded up in a couple hours. Took a couple more to unload everything…”

Ed Weiher on Instagram: “Second phase of the move went well. The weather was perfect no tarps required. Mr. John's got more leveling to do. #raysaganandsons…”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5-zakoJZUq/?igshid=976o4caynckj

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6WW37yp3aG/?igshid=hg58mel5ak22

@Edster thanks for sharing ! Also trying to pivot and be the "Guy" that owns the building. It's great when 100s of thousands of dollars don't disappear into someone else's pocket. Owning the building is golden.

Will check it out / links.

:cheers:

Congratulations, looks awesome and I second the Mr. John endorsement. We would all be so lucky to have someone like that who does sh!t the RIGHT way. I think MotionGuru might take exception to the “first new building thread “ claim though. Merry Christmas

OK, so you had time to post Schidt on IG, but left your buds here on the forums in the dark all this time?
Nice to know where we rate.... :gossip:

Looks like you're already full.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Sorry Ox, some of my buds are on practical machinist and instagram ;)

Yep already full, but I can always put machines in the office. :D

So now that we're in a new building should I expect another surprise visit by a famous forum member. :toetap: :)

Attachments

• 20190722_160613.jpg
    20190722_160613.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 20190712_193013.jpg
    20190712_193013.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 20190713_130414.jpg
    20190713_130414.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 120
I don't know.
Russ doesn't seem to travel to the Midwest too often - does he?

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Yeah?

Well apparently they got's Ed too!

... and after all the time and effort that we invested in to him to git him where he is today, this is how he treats us.....

putz....

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Yeah?

Well apparently they got's Ed too!

... and after all the time and effort that we invested in to him to git him where he is today, this is how he treats us.....

putz....

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I'm still around just been busy. I was werkin on the shop deal for about a year before it finally closed in July and since then everything has been a blur. Hopefully things start settling down a little bit now.

Instagram is pretty good. Much better than FB or other social media. You should check it out.

I don't know how far along I'd be without PM. I definitely wouldn't have come as far as fast though. So thanks to all the PM oldtimers (you know who you are) who helped me, and a lot of others too, over the years. :cheers:

Back