What's new
What's new

Fanuc - display of macro during execution

gregormarwick

Diamond
When you execute a macro with G65 or by custom G code the program run display traverses through the macro code as it would with any other program.

Is there a parameter that can be set so that it doesn't do this?

I have a number of proven macros, especially those that are assigned to custom G codes, where it would be better for the operator if the code that calls the macro remains in the run display until the macro is completed, rather than jumping into the macro code.

Especially in MDI I would prefer that the run display did not jump into the macro code.

Edit: control in question is an 18i-TB

Nevermind, I found it.

In case anybody ends up here, it's 3232 #1

ND9 When a program with a program number from 9000 to 9999 is being
executed as a subprogram or macro program, the display of the
program on the program screen is:
0 : Not prohibited.
1 : Prohibited.

Dang, that's 2 new learns in less than 2 minutes! :eek:

Print that out and stuff in the manual, but don't see a need for it, but ???

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Dang, that's 2 new learns in less than 2 minutes! :eek:

Print that out and stuff in the manual, but don't see a need for it, but ???

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Reason is I have macros written for things like doing blunt starts, helical oil grooves,custom probing routines etc. with a number of parameters, that frequently get called from MDI. It's just a bit more reassuring for the operator if what they typed in stays on the screen after they press the green button - otherwise if you fat fingered one of the parameters you can't tell after it jumps into the macro.

Well, LOL! - none of mine have a 3232 param!

I have an 18i, but it could be an "A"?
It was built in '99, so prah-ly so....

That must be a new feature starting on the "B".

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

It of course is 3202.

Hello Probe,
It is in fact parameter 3232 and the Bit is ND9 (for 9000 series programs), the "D" standing for display. The parameter you refer to is to enable/disable the editing of the 8000 and 9000 series programs (bits NE8 and NE9 respectively). Not all controls have the 3232 parameter available. Setting the NE8 and NE9 bits will conceal the display of the programs in the respective ranges on only some control but not on all.

Regards,

Bill

Hello Probe,
It is in fact parameter 3232 and the Bit is ND9 (for 9000 series programs), the "D" standing for display. The parameter you refer to is to enable/disable the editing of the 8000 and 9000 series programs (bits NE8 and NE9 respectively). Not all controls have the 3232 parameter available. Setting the NE8 and NE9 bits will conceal the display of the programs in the respective ranges on only some control but not on all.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,
You are right, as usual. My mistake. ERRARE HUMANUM EST.

Stefan

Back