Likes (Received)

Also consider the Hardinge V1000

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyz View Post
    I misspoke saying the parts are 8x8x8. The "tombstones" I plan on running are 8x8x8. Reason for going with a vertical is that its generally a much smaller footprint and pricing is generally significantly less.
    I think you are shooting yourself in the foot. Horizontals absolutely kick ass for this kind of work, and a ten year old Toyoda hori will eat a brand new Haas for breakfast, if the work is anything like in the photo by BROTHERFRANK.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Okuma is selling the Genos M560's for $99,999 right now. Same with their l250ii lathes being $54,000.

I already placed my order.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BROTHERFRANK View Post
    Not quite. Not a whole trunnion setup. Just an 8x8x8 tombstone. I will secure it to the table with a quick change ball lock system. That way I can easily change it out. Loaded up it will weigh just under between 70 and 80 lbs. If I were running a full on trunnion setup like that I would have to keep it in the machine and load the parts while its in the machine. I will have multiple quick change tombstones, 2 for every production job that I do.

Doing it this way also allows me to have ball locks on the table for quick change pallets or vises so I have practically the whole table to use when I'm not using the rotary. Where a trunnion would tie up the table all the time.

5. Likes BROTHERFRANK liked this post
    Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Okuma is selling the Genos M560's for $99,999 right now
    Thats the base price. I have a quote on my desk for 3 of the M560's and with basic options, Offsets, Probing, 4th interface, Chip conveyor (Drag Slat), and a few control upgrades and the price is just over $154K even with the multi machine discount.

I'm Guessing you are working with Jeremy Shuman since he is the GM over Arkansas, Alabama, and Tennessee?

We're doing some head to head testing with the Genos M560 and the new Haas VF3/50 with the 60HP High torque spindle on the new Haas castings (15,200# with the new HSR-45R rails over the HSR-35B rails) at Columbus McKinnon in Chattanooga on S7 Tooling and for MRR the Haas is killing it. Okuma still runs circles around the Haas with the control and high end accuracies so our plan is to Put five of the VF3/50's (60 HP spindles) and do all the roughing and medium tolerance finishing and just get 3 Genos for high tolerance finishing.

Being you have several Haas now you may want to wait and see some of the new stuff Haas is Unveiling in the next few months. This whole move from California to Nevada is bringing some big changes.

7. Likes DouglasJRizzo liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I used to work for Doosan and the machines are a great value. For the money, they're tough to beat. However Okuma is getting VERY competitive with their pricing and the Okuma OSP control is a winner. I think Haas has really come a long way from the ones I ran in the 90s. I have Okuma in my shop and it's never let me down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I got this email from Gosiger last week, If I was in the market for some new machines, it would be very tempting.