What's new
What's new

Nikken 5ax-120 Servo motor noise and alarm

Harri89

Cast Iron
Hi!

I have been trying to get my Nikken 5ax-120wa rotary table to work. Its with Alpha control and own control box for rotary and tilting axis.

I have the parameters set to them and everything is working like should.

Only issue is with tilting axis servo.

It makes alot different and louder sound than rotary axis and makes weird sound when standing still. Also gives an alarm 2102 "over current 2(time rating)

I dont have experience of Servo tuning and dont even know what every parameter listed means. Theres a picture attached of servo parameter list.

YouTube

What and where start to look for? Thanks :)

IMG_20200331_213716.jpg
IMG_20200331_213722.jpg

I would be looking # 214 and 215 if it was me.
Try lowering the proportional gain or raising the integral gain.
A quick search will clarify what each parameter controls

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I have been trying to search info for the parameters. They seem to be different than usually.

If i load the motor with a lever inside the rotary through hole and jog the tilt axis, the 2102 error seems to come faster.

I need to try those changes you mentioned. I think i will pull out the motor and check the brushes.

I wouldn't bother tlingit apart you may find it be a brushless motor. also it is very unlikely to be mechanical. Focus in the parameters.

Brushes was ok, i used air to clean the brush holders. There were almost any carbon dust.

I changed parameter 215 from 30 to 15 and parameter 214 from 1200 to 1500. I made the changes with 5 and 100 steps. For now, i didnt get any alarms with these changes. And the servo were quieter and didnt oscillate that much.

The tilt axis repeated position within 0.01mm from the same direction at 3 different test locationa. When direction chsnged there was ~0.03mm of error. I need to check the backlash of the worm gear.

What are the units what are used in these parameters?

mArms (milli amp RMS) and ms (milli second).
I would also hesitate adjusting the backlash mechanically, Looknto the parameter for that also

Carbon brushes were OK and seemed to move freely. I pulled the motor out and ran it for while in both direction. Since its a tilting axis the motor doenst ever get to run so much. The sound changed after running for a while, maybe because the brushes were out?

The motor was making noises when stand still and did that only when rotated to CW direction. There was no sound after CCW rotation and stand still.

It sounds quite rough when rotating but it feels smooth when rotating with hand.

YouTube

feedback loop might be causing problems, there are only couple things you can do without electronics knowledge and testing equipment, first thing is to check the condition of the tacho generator (if that is what it uses for servo feedback), clean and check that brushes have no chance of hanging up, and that the commutator on the rotor is in good condition (no grooves), second - check for bad capacitors (bulged top) in the servo control box

for the rest you should look for electronics engineer to help you

The commutator looked OK, for what you can see from the brush holder hole with light..

It has an optical shaft encoder. Theres info in the picture attached.

What to be aware of if i open the encoder casing? Is there something you can do for them?

IMG_20200402_210829.jpg

Back