What's new
What's new

Nikken Rotary Table Cost

baran3

Cast Iron
Can someone tell me if the following price seems within reason... I have been quoted a Nikken CNC501FA rotary table for $46,000. Just the rotary table. No installation of servos or cables on the machine. I already have a CNC401FA which was previously installed on my machine including servo drive and cable hookups. The broken out cost of the CNC401 two years ago was $26,000. The CNC501 seems like a big jump in price for the next size up. I realize it’s two years later but still is higher than I expected. Can someone comment from experience if these numbers are in order or if I am getting high quotes here.

Can someone tell me if the following price seems within reason... I have been quoted a Nikken CNC501FA rotary table for $46,000. Just the rotary table. No installation of servos or cables on the machine. I already have a CNC401FA which was previously installed on my machine including servo drive and cable hookups. The broken out cost of the CNC401 two years ago was $26,000. The CNC501 seems like a big jump in price for the next size up. I realize it’s two years later but still is higher than I expected. Can someone comment from experience if these numbers are in order or if I am getting high quotes here.

That price sounds in line. That's a very large high torque rotary table. a 100mm jump is a huge difference in size. The torque requirement, brake handling, component size and required accuracy all play a part in the price. That kind of jump isn't that hard to believe. Especially when they likely sell more smaller tables so economies of scale bring down the costs on those ones.

Even the HAAS rotaries scale almost "geometrically". Some of their rotaries now have a gearing system that has minimal backlash.

HRT

450 mm platter ---> $22K

600 ---> $34K

630 ---> $40k -ish

800 ---> $56K

1000 MM lol ----> $70K

$22k * π (3.1416 = $70 K ;-) ).

Nikken tables are pretty indestructible and last a long time/ hold tolerances well through a long life.

But I do admit (like what milland is saying) stuff from Japan (price wise) has been jumping all over the place.

I think Trump and Abe (of Japan) hammered that one out very recently (special deal/ circumstances. ?).

Final purchase price was $39,000. I still think it seems a little high, but not way off what I expected. The difference from the 400mm to 500mm table does seem substantial. Almost twice the weight and over twice the clamping pressure.

Back