UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default No Cycle Start / No MDI / But no error

Good Morning,

I am having an issue with a Miyano LZ-01R2 - Fanuc 21i-tb where it will not cycle start.
    I am getting green lights on: Power, Machine Ready, and Chuck Close. But not on Start Ready.

We are able to zero out the machine, jog it manually, do a manual turret change, open and close the chuck, etc... But we can not do any command that requires cycle start push button. So no MDI command, and no MEM Cycle start. We are not getting an error when we push cycle start. All the doors are closed and the basic trouble shooting has been executed ( single block, etc..), though i am open to retrying those.

This program/machine has been running for years, and one fine day it has not worked. We have tried to cycle to different programs, where we can do everything on the machine, change the program, edit, modify, but when we go to MEM Cycle Start, it does not ... start.

I checked to see if it's the cycle start button (maybe it just got fried, hey clicks got a life cycle too ) but if i hold it for ~10 secs, i get an alarm for pressing the button for too long (AL-56 (D6.7)).

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you !

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Way Oil?
    xx

3. Likes Booze Daily liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Our maintenance department is actually pretty good about that. I can check when was the last time they changed the oil, but i would assume it's good to go. They change it by how many hours it operates, recently it hasn't run as "non stop" as it has in the past.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Check the message page, normally next to the alarm soft key. If nothing is there, push the system hard key, then the diagnose soft key, and then arrow up and down hard key,to see if that can give you a clue as to what is not allowing cycle start.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nothing there, just old alarms ( z axis over travel, etc... ) just the basic alarms that have... alarmed in the past. :/
    But nothing pertaining to this

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The old alarms are on the history page. Current status is on alarm, message, and diagnostic pages.
    Call Fanuc they have great phone support.
    1-888-326-8287

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Does it have an edit lock key? That can cause all kinds of problems, Mori Seiki is famous for that.

Do you have a copy of the ladder?

Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Halfbutton View Post
    Our maintenance department is actually pretty good about that. I can check when was the last time they changed the oil, but i would assume it's good to go. They change it by how many hours it operates, recently it hasn't run as "non stop" as it has in the past.
    He was talking about the oil reservoir being low, on some machines the alarm isn't obvious. The machine won't run and it seems to be a mystery, especially if that alarm is only wired to a buzzer or small light that quit working.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's actually what we did, (called fanuc) and we are going to go through our ladder at the moment. Thanks

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This start interlock sounds like a builder thing. Some condition the ladder needs to see to allow auto operation is not being met. A little tour through the ladder should show it, but a call to a good Miyano tech might clear it up faster.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah, I just walked over and checked all the tanks. We are good to go. Like i said i'll definitely double and triple check anything. this problem seems weird to me. I wish i had an alarm, atleast somewhere to start.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The ladder shows the cycle start key is not "reacting" accordingly. We're going to open that panel and check voltage and see what's going on.

just seems weird that it was running friday and on monday it was no go.

I'm also checking on the mem lock key. Thanks again everyone

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

NOT "weird that it was running friday and on monday it was no go"
    That is normal. It all works up until one cog stops doing it part of the process.
    Fixing it is usually the easy part, finding what to fix is the problem.
    A call to the MTB service dept may be the fastest route to an answer.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

FWIW, since my machine is much older than yours ...

There is a switch inside the main electrical box of my Mori Seiki SL-2B, "Door Interlock" or something like that. When switched on, the machine will not run any code, through tape reader or MDI, but works fine otherwise with no alarms or codes.

Regards.

Mike

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The ladder shows the cycle start key is not "reacting" accordingly. We're going to open that panel and check voltage and see what's going on.
    Was it an X... address that was not changing state? X addresses show the actual input from a physical device and are determined by the machine builder. If it was an F or G address that was not changing state then you probably won't find the problem in the physical switch or wiring, but in some interlock logic in the ladder.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Finegrain View Post
    FWIW, since my machine is much older than yours ...

There is a switch inside the main electrical box of my Mori Seiki SL-2B, "Door Interlock" or something like that. When switched on, the machine will not run any code, through tape reader or MDI, but works fine otherwise with no alarms or codes.
    That switch and behavior is wholly determined by the machine builder, not Fanuc. Very, very unlikely that the OP's Miyano will behave or be equipped similarly.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    That switch and behavior is wholly determined by the machine builder, not Fanuc. Very, very unlikely that the OP's Miyano will behave or be equipped similarly.
    That seems to be the case. I looked all over the main electrical box ( and other parts too) and no luck. I was hoping it was that simple. We called out a fanuc tech who should be here some time this week. This issue is above my paygrade.

We did go through teh ladder and we just opened up a rabbit hole of switches/relays.

Thanks again everyone !

guest Guest

Sounds like the ID/OD chucking switch is in the wrong position.

edit to add: just saw the OP said chuck close light was lit, so I guess it's not that...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    Sounds like the ID/OD chucking switch is in the wrong position.

edit to add: just saw the OP said chuck close light was lit, so I guess it's not that...
    Yeah, we're able to open and close the chuck. ( and with stable/normal pressure)

guest Guest

Yeah, we're able to open and close the chuck. ( and with stable/normal pressure)
    On my lathe, if the ID/OD key is in the wrong position it acts exactly like you describe. No spindle start, no alarm. If I MDI a spindle start, it flashes Chuck Open/Close on the screen, but it's so fast you barely know it happened. I can still clamp/unclamp, but it won't run because of the key switch position.

But you say the chuck closed light it lit, so that makes me thing the ID/OD switch is in the correct position. If the switch was in the wrong position, the chuck closed light would be on when the chuck was open.