What's new
What's new

No-Servo Problem -- Tree Journeyman 325 w/Delta Dynapath 20

specfab

Titanium
I was using the machine yesterday, started and ran OK for a short piece of work. Today, I powered the machine, turned on the controller, everything looks fine (no errors, diagnostics passed), went to Mode Select, got the usual Fault flashing, then did Reset and the machine doesn't respond with servo power-up. The Emergency Stop status message stays on screen. It's the only fault message.

I have exercised the EMO a number of times to see if there's something sticky there, no joy. I occasionally see the screen blink when I punch the Reset button, but still nothing from the servos.

Anybody out there with been-there/done-that stories or help? I assume next is likely yanking the control cover and having a look-see, but my only thoughts are either bad connection at EMO, or bad servo relay(?). I don't know a lot about this at the moment.

I have a Lagun with this control, I dont have a direct answer,BUT, Dynapath here in Michigan has been a big help to me over the phone, I remember sayin to them "oh shit I cant do that!,and they said yes you can, and they talked me thru it on da phone.
Good luck
Gw

Not sure how your estop works but make sure you don’t have over travel issues. Do you have any elec. prints of the circuit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, all -- the link supplied by Hardplates looks to be exactly the issue (but very slightly different word arrangement on display); whether the cause and solution are identical remains to be seen. I have to get back to the machine sometime today to check it out. I do have the electrical schematics. With any luck, the engineering design was stable between my machine and the one in the video.... And -- there is nothing going on with overtravel or limit switches that is obvious, Z is up close to zero (but not there), and table position is in the middle on both X and Y.

Thanks, all -- the link supplied by Hardplates looks to be exactly the issue (but very slightly different word arrangement on display); whether the cause and solution are identical remains to be seen. I have to get back to the machine sometime today to check it out. I do have the electrical schematics. With any luck, the engineering design was stable between my machine and the one in the video.... And -- there is nothing going on with overtravel or limit switches that is obvious, Z is up close to zero (but not there), and table position is in the middle on both X and Y.

IIRC Wes is working on a 425 but the schematics he is using are for a 325 so likely much will be the same between all the machines.

Back