What's new
What's new

Northwest Machine Tool Expo who is going?

gundog

Hot Rolled
I have never been to this show I usually hear about the show a week after the show ends. May 8th & 9th this year at the PDX Convention Center. If anyone is going would like to meet up let me know it would be fun to be able to put a face to the people who I have interacted with on here. I live about 30 minutes North and run a one man shop so my time is up to me.

Mike

I am planning on going, still not sure which day. Kind of fun to see the toys I don't get to play with. I am about 80 minutes east.

I'll probably go. If for no other reason than to fondle a Haimer 3-D taster that I covet.

That is funny you say that I am planning to buy either the Haimer or the Tschorn and I decided to hold off to see what is at the show. My control is setup for a digital probe but I am not sure what all I would need and if it is just plug and play or if I need a tech out to set it up plus the cost is so much more so I am probably just going to buy one of the analog type 3d Tasters.

At the last show I found out there is a 3-D taster that is a bit shorter and they have a special BT30 holder for it to shorten up the projection a little more.

I'm going to be going one of the days. Haven't decided which yet. I'm just across the river.

I and a few buddies plan to be there Thursday. Just ogling, I spent all my money after IMTS :( Would be fun to connect with NW folks. I'm also a small one man shop.

I went about 4 sessions ago (8 years?) and was thinking about maybe going again. Thursday, you say? I will shoot for that, but it will depend a bit on what's going at the day job.

Should we have a recognition signal of some kind? :-)

I vote we go as the Village People. We'll blend right in in downtown Portland when we go out, and we'll stand right out inside the event. The perfect combo.

I just went to the Industry 4.0 presentation and getting ready to go into the booths. I'm one of the two red heads in blue polos and brown Carhartts.

I am back to the shop I spent about 2 hours wandering around there were a lot of nice stuff most out of my price range. I did see a coolant tank filter system I may look into they are supposed to send me some info on it.

Back