What's new

NotePad ++

• Thread starter Ox
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 3,528

Ox

Diamond
Just loaded a current version of NotePad++ and this version has a pop-up winder that thinks that I need help finishing my line.

I looked through the icons on top, and I googled it, but I haven't found how to turn it off yet.
It's drivin' me nutz.... (and I don't have much further to go!)

???

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Well what ya need I a BFH. That'll fix any dagnabit puter issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What's better in ++ than it is in the regular one?

Brent

I like it for dual path programs.
You can lay them out side by side (two winders open)
Then set the wait codes side by side.
It will then scroll together.

Just makes dual path programs so much less cornfusing.

That is exactly how I write them on paper, but if wanting to doo heavy edits to existing programs, the ++ is nice.

I also like to use it for searching from a whole list of programs off the card that aren't "put away" yet.
You can open the whole list at one time, and just close them as you go through - looking for the one that you want.
WAY quicker than open one, and then close it and try the next.....

Thanks Dan!
The older version(s) that I have used never had that feature, or at least it didn't default to "enable" at least.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Great thing about Notepad++ is it also makes it very easy to define your own syntax highlighting. From the menu, Language -> Define your language...
Very useful if you have a dialect that is not fully covered by other syntax highligter presets.

None of us want to see or acknowledge that OTHER list! That is the one they bring out and quote one item with every perceived indiscretion. Paint this, put up that shelf etc.

I like it for dual path programs.
You can lay them out side by side (two winders open)
Then set the wait codes side by side.
It will then scroll together.

Ox, is there a way to sync-scroll multiple wait codes, or do you add extra carriage returns to pad out the two paths?

Yeah, I just add extra daylight to the text while working on it to keep it in order, then peel them back out when done.

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back