What's new
What's new

od and id thread dimenion

umesh91

Plastic
i have a doubt in inches thread. example in mm thread m10 bolt pitch is 1.5 the nut inside dia is 8.5 minus the pitch in inches thread how is the calculation please any one tell me its really importand

The same ballpark rule works for standard. Nominal size minus the pitch gets you pretty darn close. For perfect, consult your machinery's handbook.

Here find a handy chart you might copy paste to you computer or print.

METRIC THREAD -- EXTENDED THREAD SIZE RANGE

Agree this does not address higher or lower thread grades (just 6 G) so the part print should be checked for/if a specified grade.

Good to have wires for checking. I like to make the male first to wires , and then make the female to fit.

But you have to go by the part print to make the specified grade pass inspection.
For a hobby job or simple tractor work you can use a higher quality store bought screw or nut for a gauge.
For gun work or for a part print you need to make it to specified grade dimensions.

Charts for other screw threads:
Screw Thread Dimension Charts

Dudes in India seem to not have.......access to Machinery's handbook. Just sayin' maybe invest in that first.
Not sure if its been translated into Hindi, Bengarli or Urdu or the dozen other Indian languages.

I can barely decipher it in Australian English.
Pretty obvious this cats' first language isn't English. Some slack is in order.

Regards Phil

Not sure if its been translated into Hindi, Bengarli or Urdu or the dozen other Indian languages.

Regards Phil

I'm supposed to believe that the CD-ROM isn't available in other languages? Or at bare minimum translatable text? The same people that do all the tech support on Earth can't figure it out? They're already kicking 'merikus ass in that department. Not sure about Kangaroo-ville.

Just sayin'..

i have a doubt in inches thread. example in mm thread m10 bolt pitch is 1.5 the nut inside dia is 8.5 minus the pitch in inches thread how is the calculation please any one tell me its really importand

There is a reasonable approximation for SAE threads to determine tap drill size. Major Diameter of Threads-1/Pitch=Tap Drill Size. For instance 1/4-20 thread equals .25” - 1/20=.200”... not particularly accurate, but it works in a pinch. I don’t know any simple ones for minor diameter that are quicker than google.

Regards Phil

Would someone start watching his local obits with regularity for us?
I think he may have got a glimpse of the other side recently....
Empathy is not historically a trait that I have seen him show before....

???

--------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I'm supposed to believe that the CD-ROM isn't available in other languages? Or at bare minimum translatable text? The same people that do all the tech support on Earth can't figure it out? They're already kicking 'merikus ass in that department. Not sure about Kangaroo-ville.

Just sayin'..
Fairly certain it hasn't been translated into other languages,.Machinery's Handbook - Wikipedia

When I say I don't understand it in Australian English. I'm reading the same exact, printed in America copy that you can read. My story reads that at the end of my second year apprenticeship. (Late 80's) Once they knew your weren't going to fall out of the program. You were presented with a copy at Christmas break up. We take holidays, summer down here. Bert Galvin, one of the best Engineers I've even know. My copy is signed by him.

When it was presented, they claimed they would be asking questions after the holidays. I spent the entire 4 weeks trying to memorise it. Ask me about addendum, circular pitch, helix, flank angle.

We can go toe to toe all night. Fact remains OP at post # 1 said.
(Complete with spelling and punctuation errors)
I predict he is 16 years old, at what they call a polytechnic in India.

All I fucking said was:
Some slack is in order.

Now I have Ox a moderator climbing all over my arse.
Would someone start watching his local obits with regularity for us?
I think he may have got a glimpse of the other side recently....
Empathy is not historically a trait that I have seen him show before...

I'm pretty sure I'm the same rude prick, when it needs it. Why not scrape in reverse?

I can confirm, I'm mid 50's fighting fit, and just the same mongrel prick I've ever been as soon as 2 days ago.
You've offended me Ox. I often stand up for the racially oppressed. Do you remember the member Sudtechcnc. Indian bloke from Chennai. He wont come here any more. I've worked privately with him. On jobs as technically challenged as spindle bearings. I believe I did one of those with you? He wont come here any more due to the racial slurs..

It could be said, I don't have time for this place any more, That would be totally true. I've never been more busier. The few opportunities I get, like tonight, Saturday my time. I'll chew out a few spambots or people that disrespect this joint.

Only thread on the first page I can get my teeth into, is the Okuma Spindle thread. Daryl / Other Brother. is all over it. He is actually a brother to me. We personally exchange trinkets via UPS. And the other brothers, Kevin's x 2.Bill, Sinha, Cliff etc etc.

You can delete my account. If as a mod,if you're going to be pissing on me.
Of my 5500+ post's. 36 threads were mine, mostly showing something I'd done.

Practical Machinist is now an LLC You currently have a Muppet moderating US&Europe manufacturing. Causing today's GBC crisis.That should have been blissfully apparent, long before appointment. Avatar was in breach of the rules for years, as a weapon but then you appointed him. Surely the name Spinit was a clue? That's bullet talk.

Fuck off. I'll not be slandered for trying to help.

You kan't be serious.
You've got thicker skin than that.

Of all the folks that you have cut down and belittled for being putz's over the years (and most were) those lines above "offended you"?

I'm just giving you are rib poker and this is what you come back with?
poke.gif

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Phil, we've been speaking the same language on this site for years. You and I have been in the same corner for most if not all. I'm still the same prick too, so you should know, I'm not racist---I don't discriminate with my pot stirring. :D But you're all over the place with your posts lately.

Chill the fuck out

R

Back