What's new
What's new

Which offline CNC simulation software for Fanuc do you use?

sinha

Titanium
If you are not using a CAM software, and want to check the toolpath of a hand-coded program before loading it on the machine, which third-party simulation software do you generally find most reliable?

How many people won't/can't shell out the dough for CAM but will pay for VeriCut or the like?

Serious question.

I agree with Teach. Once you use CAM you'll never go back to producing programs by hand. Great investment!

I will say that the backplot option in Cimco is pretty neat. Not a fully featured simulator (at least, not as I have it setup, I'm told it can be more customized) but nice to look at, and relatively cheap, as these things go.

Do you not have any graphics on your control? The programs that do simulation (outside of cam anyways) are simply drawing the path, yes? At least the couple I tried that's all they did, so pretty much the same thing as running in graphics on your machine. But like Teach said, people aren't using vericut or any other full simulation if they don't have a cam program.

The purpose is to teach manual part programming, specially canned cycles, in a classroom without a machine.
Yes, graphics can always be seen on the machine. But, only one person can use it at a time. With an inexpensive simulation software with multiple licences. several people can see what they have done, on PCs.
I am not questioning the utility of a CAM software, though I do not use it on a 2-axis lathe.
Is NCPlot the cheapest? (The purpose is just toolpath plotting)

Cimco is what I like the best so far. Also use nc plot from time to time. ..but Cimco is by far (to me) the winner.

With that said. ...you need to also run it on the machine simulator to make sure it's correct. I have had cimco show everything is fine when in actuality..it is not.
But for the most part. ..cimco is a useful tool.

DrAsus

I have downloaded Discriminator evaluation version.
It seems to be working, but I have not been able to use it so far. Would need to study instructions.

I have seen Discriminator a little bit. Looks like it cannot plot Fanuc canned cycles G70-G76.

How good is the graphical representation in discriminator on 5 axis programs. I have powermill by delcam but it does not allow you to run a posted program and be able to edit it. I always like to see the actual program that comes out of the post.

Cimco has its own simulator? I thought it was just an editor?? Teach me please.

Robert

Yes..called backplot.

Once you click on the tab backplot....the half screen to the right changes and there is a player control in the bottom right corner...play..pause..etc.
There is also a speed bar to speed up or slow down the simulation.

Oh...make sure you choose the correct machine type...HAAS milling..or HAAS turning..or Fanuc etc.
The machine type can be funny in Cimco. Sometimes it works..sometimes it doesn't and you have to change your machine type to ISO milling or turning.

I hope I explained that well.

DrAsus

many cnc machines use gage line programming with only wear comp. so for example if a 2" mill 12" long is used cnc simulation is showing center of tool path at spindle face.
unless the software knows and uses the diameter and length of tool it is not showing surface cut only center of spindle face and spindle face length.

Back