What's new
What's new

Offset problem with Fanuc 0i-TF plus lathe

TauRunUm

Aluminum
Lathe is chinese so support documentation doesn't exist expect Fanuc one which doesn't help with problem we have.

So what is happening? Colleague did offset for tools by Fanuc manual and experience he had with other older lathes he worked in different firm. So offsets values are okey (MDI tested) but problem is when we run program only T101 do job fine, other tools don't for example instead cut 3mm it would go couple millimetres more.

Btw G54 was also setup fine so it isn't that but even if it wrong I still don't see why offesets on other tools expect frist one don't work as expected.

Only thing came to mind is maybe something is setup to add some amount of mm by Chinese when they test lathe becuase it came with some programs they wrote (we use it to modify our old program) and this option is still active and make problem. Something like tool or work shift???

Lathe is chinese so support documentation doesn't exist expect Fanuc one which doesn't help with problem we have.

So what is happening? Colleague did offset for tools by Fanuc manual and experience he had with other older lathes he worked in different firm. So offsets values are okey (MDI tested) but problem is when we run program only T101 do job fine, other tools don't for example instead cut 3mm it would go couple millimetres more.

Btw G54 was also setup fine so it isn't that but even if it wrong I still don't see why offesets on other tools expect frist one don't work as expected.

Only thing came to mind is maybe something is setup to add some amount of mm by Chinese when they test lathe becuase it came with some programs they wrote (we use it to modify our old program) and this option is still active and make problem. Something like tool or work shift???

Sounds a little bit like the offsets haven't been touched off with the tool offset called. Fanuc lathes by default every time you hit reset it clears the tool offset. You have to change a parameter in order for this not to happen.

Sounds a little bit like the offsets haven't been touched off with the tool offset called. Fanuc lathes by default every time you hit reset it clears the tool offset. You have to change a parameter in order for this not to happen.

Does the lathe have a tool setter?

Can you post the program? and maybe a picture of your offset pages? (work and tool)

I never have the tool offset called up when setting a tool on Fanucs. Why, parameter setting vary from machine to machine. This is the only way to do it consistently. I will mdi the toll with T0100 to clear everything. Fanuc has really made a mess of things that should be simple.

I never have the tool offset called up when setting a tool on Fanucs. Why, parameter setting vary from machine to machine. This is the only way to do it consistently. I will mdi the toll with T0100 to clear everything. Fanuc has really made a mess of things that should be simple.

Yeah. The problem sometimes can be when you first turn on the control it has literally no tool called. It will just be blank (at least on the ones I've operated) I totally agree that FANUC makes a lot of things that should be simple cumbersome.

I literally have 2 Hyundai Wia lathes, that are the same controller, same year, same model just one is a long bed vs a short bed and they both have different things about them. It's so odd.

We did offset for all used tools using common method as we do on older lathes (one is Oi-TT, other lathe use similar CNC unit as old Siemens)and those offsets are okey when we did it in mdi. Problem is when we start program which is old G-code from old lathe which didn't have modern capabilities so code is quite basic one (as theoretical G-code without special M and G commands)only one tool offset is okey it is first tool then other tools offsets aren't okey. It look like something is added to offset to other tools after first one finish its work, or maybe to G54 cordinates something like work shift.

Colleague is rewriting program so it now works without offset (T100, T200, T300 and etc) we don't have time to figure out what is problem because lot of parts are waiting.

So when this non offset program is finished and we start doing parts we will have time to see what nonsense is.

Back