What's new
What's new

Oil Distribution on Hitachi Seiki TS15

Hitachi TS15

Plastic
Hello

This is my first post on Practical Machinist. I recently purchased my first CNC lathe, a Hitachi Seiki TS-15. I know Hitachi Seiki died a long time ago, were they good machines? Anyone else with a TS-15 or close cousin?

I have the following manuals for the TS15: Wiring Diagram, Maintenance, Parts List, and Specification. I do not have the Operation manual. Anyone have an Operation manual for this machine? I found the Fanuc programming manuals on line.

I've been cleaning it up and carefully checking it over before attempting to make chips. Electrically and mechanically it looks good, The previous shop took good care of it. Now I'm going over lubrication and the maintenance instruction manual has just 1.25 pages on this topic. It only mentions the Hydraulic oil Pump and grease for the hydraulic chuck. Surely the ball screws and ways need to be oiled with an automatic pump?? I've looked around and do not see any oil lines or oil pump like on a cnc mill. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Stuart

Thanks for the article. That article is from 1999, the same year as my machine. The oil on the ways has a tar like quality, I wouldn’t think that it’s really acting like a lubricant now. There has to be other Hitachi Seiki TS15 lathes still working. Has anyone changed the oil yet???

Thanks for the article. That article is from 1999, the same year as my machine. The oil on the ways has a tar like quality, I wouldn’t think that it’s really acting like a lubricant now. There has to be other Hitachi Seiki TS15 lathes still working. Has anyone changed the oil yet???

Hello..

I got a TS15 on my shop.. it was the first cnc lathe i bought and dident realise that i had this eco system..

mine is from 1998 afaik.

it runs just fine and very precise all day long.. my machine has been running with a bar feeder since new so its been run alot.

i dont like the eco system but it seems to be ok but i kinda expect it to wear at some point..

You still have your lathe?

Back