What's new
What's new

Is it "OK" to post machine board blue prints that are 40yr old?

J.Caraher

Aluminum
I have a bunch of manuals, maintenance, operator etc manuals from my FANUC 6m that I am converting to digital. Is it against forum rules to share them public?

I'm relatively new here, but since forty years is considered antique in many cases my vote would be to post it.

General forum etiquette that I've seen is to not publicly share anything that may be copyrighted or that a manufacturer could still make money by selling (optional parameter settings, etc)... The exceptions I've seen have been for now defunct companies.

General forum etiquette that I've seen is to not publicly share anything that may be copyrighted or that a manufacturer could still make money by selling (optional parameter settings, etc)... The exceptions I've seen have been for now defunct companies.

These manuals are getting sold on Ebay as a reproduction. You would imagine that a copyright infringement would have surfaced by now. Also some of them are internal blue prints from the factory from systems that haven't been produced since the 80's.

....and I was typing this, found they've already been uploaded....

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Icarus/DOCUMENTS/Fanuc_Manuals_1790.pdf

One of the stickys at the top of the forum specifically says to not post option parameters or codes.

Nothing said about copyright materials. Posting a link to an old manual is, IMHO, OK.

Back