What's new
What's new

Okuma Howa Act 3 turret leak

partsproduction

Titanium
A business associate has an older lathe which is leaking hydraulic oil out of the turret area, about one 5 gallon pail per week. We are wondering if any members have had experience with this problem? Basically, how long should he expect to be down? Or, can he expect O-H to have replacements?
Thanks,
parts

You know you're not going o get any intelligent answers without giving up some more information, like make and model of the machine, and most of these guys like to see pictures too.

I would think Okuma could get the o-rings he needs to rebuild it. If I was doing it I would pull it apart and take the piston o-rings and have them matched up at Zatkoff or similar o-ring rep. It's a day job if you have the parts on hand. I might be able to get a few photos of the parts book for the turret and part numbers for the o-rings. I have a customer that has one of these and he has the original parts list and parts book, 2 separate books.

Daryl

Used to have an Act3 and an Act4. Great bulldozer of a machine. If all is indexing ok, then it is just a bunch of seals. I wouldn't hold your breath on the OEM to get parts. Last time I called for parts, and gave them the serial number, they said, "where's the rest"? (Ours was 0023 I believe). I'd match them up locally if you can. Like already said, not a bad job, just need the correct seals.

Probably all off the shelf items.

I pinched the big turret oring a few years ago on my act20.

Oring matl from mcmaster a razor blade and some super glue and I was back in business.

didn't want to wait for parts from Japan.

Back