What's new
What's new

Okuma & Howa HL-20

At least one of you good folks have more than one Okuma & Howa HL-20 and I would appreciate you contacting me again. Almost a year past since I posted about my HL-20 being beaten up severely by the shipping company, but they did pay to repair! Finally got it all together and fired it up with new battery pack, however having some issues. I did not get the list of machine builder parameters with the unit. Got everything else but need to go through the parameters and see if some have gone askew. Every time I try to home the unit it alarms out alarm 90 and doesn't know where home is. manual moves to any X-Z position yields a restart of all zero X-Y position. I just need to start looking for the bugs, Fanuc's maintenance manual for alarm 90 troubleshooting doesn't help as much as knowing the exact parameter settings will, ( I believe). Any help will be greatly appreciated! PS: using Fanuc 18t

Alarm 90 usually means the one rev pulse on the encoder occurs too close to the point that the decel switch turns off again. Usually this happens after re-mounting a motor or encoder or a new decel switch.

Alarm 90 can also result from having the wrong parameter values set for 1425, 1428, 1821, 1836, and probably a couple others that I'm not recalling at the moment.

HL-20 O&H Parameters?

I have PDFs of the O&H manuals. The zero reference return procedure is a royal PITA if you are not very Fanuc fluent (I am not!).

Thanks for the feedback. Do you have the specific parameter settings for the HL-20? We have what I believe everything available from both Fanuc and H&O. However we do not know what the machine builder of the HL-20 put in the parameter settings. We have the Fanuc Parameter information in the generic format but there are so many options for each parameter it would take us forever to go through them with success.

I don't know if 18T uses the same procedure as 18M for this. On the 18M press and hold letters O and P and the CAN buttons when turning on the control. YMMV

Thanks

I don't know if 18T uses the same procedure as 18M for this. On the 18M press and hold letters O and P and the CAN buttons when turning on the control. YMMV

I haven't tried that procedure which is common on M series controls. I will give it a shot and see if it likes it. Thanks for the response.

I have a '97 ACT20 and a 2000 HL20M.

I have parameters backed up for both. Message me if you need them and i can email them to you, both are 18t's.

Hello wheelieking71, I am trying to private message you, but I get a return message stating that you have exceeded your message quota. Thanks

Back