What's new
What's new

Okuma LC30 Chip conveyor needed

vandytech

Aluminum
If anyone has any leads on a replacement chip conveyor for my LC30, I would certainly appreciate it. Needs to be a 12” belt, fit into a 16” wide slot in the bed casting and a flat section of 6 feet. Many thanx!

Drake

There are OODLES of conveyors to choose from on ebay.
Don't expect to find the exact one that you need, but look for one that is close enough.

Maybe it sticks out a bit further than needed?
Live with it, or cut it down and weld it back together....

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

The factory used Mayfran, back in the day. We had two LC-30, both with Mayfran heavy duty conveyors because of the heavy hogging we were doing. Most convey makers have machine patterns and shouldn't be too hard to get one.

Machine came out of Ferrulmatic in Wayne and had a Enomoto when we got it which was probably their second one. We replaced the Enomoto with an unbranded one a few years ago, and now looking for a third one. Tip to myself: keep the conveyor running…

Yep, looking on eBay, McKean, HGR. Anyone I’m missing? Shooting for ideal first, then settling when all the options have dwindled.

There is an outfit in Michigan - near Grand Rapids I think - that seems to cannibalize a lot of CNC machines.
They post their stuff on Ebay.

They would be your most likely place to find an OEM conveyor.
But in the case of an Okuma - I would expect the conveyor to wear out before the machine.
That is deffinately the case on my Hardinge lathes.

You may find a cheaper source from anyone other than the OEM supplier for that machine - should they have a service agreement with Okuma.
(if you want to buy new)

If you want one from the OEM source, you may want to actually measure it all up and send the measurements in to the conveyor company, rather then give them a make/model of the machine, or a ser# for the conveyor. Kind'a like a bearing with a ser# that is tied to GM or Ford, or whatnot. THAT bearing may be $50, but another bearing with the same bounderies with a commercial ser# will be $20, b/c of service agreements.

Maybe that is an issue in conveyors?
Maybe not?

But I know that is the case with way covers.

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Machine came out of Ferrulmatic in Wayne and had a Enomoto when we got it which was probably their second one. We replaced the Enomoto with an unbranded one a few years ago, and now looking for a third one. Tip to myself: keep the conveyor running…

Ferrulmatic was one of my dad's customers!
Are you looking for new or used?

Doug,
Thank you for suggesting Machinery Values. They had something that was fairly close and we will receive it early next week, and not a minute too soon. Thanks Doug!

1993 Hennig Conveyor arrived yesterday, so today was clean out day. Yuck. BUT, with a little modification, we will operational by noon!

When I needed a replacement conveyor I worked with their local MFG Rep. If the Okuma machine is older than a year you can work directly with Mayfran Rep. I was satisifed and they had all the drawings needed just with the Model Name of the Machine

Can you give us a ballpark price?

I could really use a new conveyor, and - I could use one built a little stronger than a Turbo.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back