What's new
What's new

Okuma LU15-MW OSP7000 Program only shows M30 of M02 line

DNJ

Plastic
Hey guys I have been fighting with this for a couple weeks on and off. This machine is new to me and have yet to be able to run any programs.

Attached are 2 pictures one of the g-code while editing and the other is once the program is loaded.
I can run commands in MDI and the machine responds as expected but not from a loaded program.
This code isn't to do anything but just test the machine using as simple code as I can use.
What happens when I load the program is only shows the very last line of M02 no other code is displayed when I hit cycle start the machine makes a click as if its doing something but then just runs the M02 line and stops. I have it in single block but it has no other lines to stop on.

Really confused as to what I'm doing wrong here.
20190817_130220.jpg20190817_130238.jpg

You should have 2 programs, 1 for each Turret. A and B. G13 and G14. You need to switch screens is all.

R

Just put G13 at the top of your program and make sure you are on Turret A which it looks like you were on the one screen. There should be an "individual A" turret option I believe to only run that one. You have to hold interlock release while you hit the individual A button.

Also for what it's worth I have never used an M6 on an Okuma lathe. Calling T0303 will automatically do the "tool change" (index) move.

Just put G13 at the top of your program and make sure you are on Turret A which it looks like you were on the one screen. There should be an "individual A" turret option I believe to only run that one. You have to hold interlock release while you hit the individual A button.

Also for what it's worth I have never used an M6 on an Okuma lathe. Calling T0303 will automatically do the "tool change" (index) move.

Thanks for the replies sorry for the delay in response, I didn't notice I had any replies until today.
I ran my first job on the Okuma this weekend, was super stoked. I can't wait to get this beast figured out.

The G13 is what was causing my issues. Thanks for the tip on M6, I will try that.

I have one other question I can't seem to figure out. What is the peck cycle using the top turret with Spindle A, every time I try to use any peck codes it tries to use the live tooling and I don't have any live tooling yet. I have read everything I could find all suggest G181 +. Seems like a dumb question but I can't find it.

Thanks!

For Drilling on center with the Main Spindle, I use G74. That is not the only thing that'll work, it's just what I have become comfortable with.

It doesn't matter which Turret you use, there aren't different codes for different Turrets-EVER. The only difference is which one you call up at the beginning of the program. (G13-G14)

R

For Drilling on center with the Main Spindle, I use G74. That is not the only thing that'll work, it's just what I have become comfortable with.

It doesn't matter which Turret you use, there aren't different codes for different Turrets-EVER. The only difference is which one you call up at the beginning of the program. (G13-G14)

R

I seen this before but it shows as a tapping cycle in manuals I looked at. Will give it a shot.
Thanks again for your help

I was able to get in front of the machine and get it knocked out. I wanted to drop back in and close this out and say thanks again for all the help.

Back