Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Okuma LU15-MW OSP7000 Program only shows M30 of M02 line

Hey guys I have been fighting with this for a couple weeks on and off. This machine is new to me and have yet to be able to run any programs.

Attached are 2 pictures one of the g-code while editing and the other is once the program is loaded.
    I can run commands in MDI and the machine responds as expected but not from a loaded program.
    This code isn't to do anything but just test the machine using as simple code as I can use.
    What happens when I load the program is only shows the very last line of M02 no other code is displayed when I hit cycle start the machine makes a click as if its doing something but then just runs the M02 line and stops. I have it in single block but it has no other lines to stop on.

Really confused as to what I'm doing wrong here.
    20190817_130220.jpg20190817_130238.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You should have 2 programs, 1 for each Turret. A and B. G13 and G14. You need to switch screens is all.

R

3. Likes DNJ liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by litlerob1 View Post
    You should have 2 programs, 1 for each Turret. A and B. G13 and G14. You need to switch screens is all.

R
    Just put G13 at the top of your program and make sure you are on Turret A which it looks like you were on the one screen. There should be an "individual A" turret option I believe to only run that one. You have to hold interlock release while you hit the individual A button.

Also for what it's worth I have never used an M6 on an Okuma lathe. Calling T0303 will automatically do the "tool change" (index) move.

5. Likes DNJ liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 70olds View Post
    Just put G13 at the top of your program and make sure you are on Turret A which it looks like you were on the one screen. There should be an "individual A" turret option I believe to only run that one. You have to hold interlock release while you hit the individual A button.

Also for what it's worth I have never used an M6 on an Okuma lathe. Calling T0303 will automatically do the "tool change" (index) move.

Thanks for the replies sorry for the delay in response, I didn't notice I had any replies until today.
    I ran my first job on the Okuma this weekend, was super stoked. I can't wait to get this beast figured out.

The G13 is what was causing my issues. Thanks for the tip on M6, I will try that.

I have one other question I can't seem to figure out. What is the peck cycle using the top turret with Spindle A, every time I try to use any peck codes it tries to use the live tooling and I don't have any live tooling yet. I have read everything I could find all suggest G181 +. Seems like a dumb question but I can't find it.

Thanks!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For Drilling on center with the Main Spindle, I use G74. That is not the only thing that'll work, it's just what I have become comfortable with.

It doesn't matter which Turret you use, there aren't different codes for different Turrets-EVER. The only difference is which one you call up at the beginning of the program. (G13-G14)

R

8. Likes DNJ liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For Drilling on center with the Main Spindle, I use G74. That is not the only thing that'll work, it's just what I have become comfortable with.

It doesn't matter which Turret you use, there aren't different codes for different Turrets-EVER. The only difference is which one you call up at the beginning of the program. (G13-G14)

R
    I seen this before but it shows as a tapping cycle in manuals I looked at. Will give it a shot.
    Thanks again for your help

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks again for your help, I won't be in front of my machine again for another week but I will try and post an update once I have had a chance to run some code.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was able to get in front of the machine and get it knocked out. I wanted to drop back in and close this out and say thanks again for all the help.