What's new
What's new

Okuma MB4000H vs Mori Seiki NH4000DCG

micmeadow

Plastic
Hello people!

In my shop we are considering to buy one of those HMC. I'm looking for anyone who have experience on those machines and who can give me any advice.

In the shop we already have 4 okuma lates and we are all in love with their OSP300 control. Not a big fan of Fanuc to be honest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Inviato dal mio Mi Note 10 utilizzando Tapatalk

For sake of argument let's say the Mori is a "better" machine. How much better does it have to be to off set dealing with and training your people to operate an unfamiliar control? Also the more of one make of machine on your floor the more responsive that maker becomes to your needs ( service, support). You are comparing 2 high end Japanese builders one you love and currently deal with and one you don't. If you are happy with Okuma why are you even asking this question?

Relationship building is a two way street, if Okuma is good to you be faithful to Okuma. I guess to properly answer your question I would need to know what is it about the more that is attracting you or what is it about the okuma that is repelling you.

For sake of argument let's say the Mori is a "better" machine. How much better does it have to be to off set dealing with and training your people to operate an unfamiliar control? Also the more of one make of machine on your floor the more responsive that maker becomes to your needs ( service, support). You are comparing 2 high end Japanese builders one you love and currently deal with and one you don't. If you are happy with Okuma why are you even asking this question?

Relationship building is a two way street, if Okuma is good to you be faithful to Okuma. I guess to properly answer your question I would need to know what is it about the more that is attracting you or what is it about the okuma that is repelling you.
The thing is pretty easy. I've found an used (but almost new) Mori Seiki NH4000 DCG and the price is really affordable.

We were already thinking about staying with okuma, but the difference between the cost of the mori and a the new okuma is a lot!

I know nothing about Mori, I just know them because of their name and I know their machines are at the top.

What I can see is that it's almost impossible to find a used okuma, not the same for the Mori. So, the point is that I will need a machine to put in a production line and it must be the most reliable possible, we work in the automotive industry and I can't stop the machine due to technical issues. So how affordable is the NH?

Also, okuma would be advantageous for the control. Any operator in the factory already used their control and it would give me a great advantage in terms of training.

Last but not least, assistance with more is 50% higher then okuma here in my country so it scares me because if I have any problem I'd be extremely expensive.

So question is, how affordable are Mori machines compared to Okuma?

Mori for me is extremely attractive for his price, Okuma will cost me a lot more but I know their machines and the quality you get out of them.

Thanks for your answer, and for your help!
M.

You can make more money but you can't make more time. The okuma will cost money but save time. The mori will cost time but save money. The choice seems clear to me. Also sounds like the mori could end up costing more over time.

You can make more money but you can't make more time. The okuma will cost money but save time. The mori will cost time but save money. The choice seems clear to me. Also sounds like the mori could end up costing more over time.
Thank you for your great help!
I will clear my mind definitely in the next couple of days.

Anyway if anyone wants to share their experience on one of those machines it would be helpful as well!

No direct experience here, but the Mori DCG machines are impressive from a design & construction point of view. The iron seems very well thought out. That being said, I can imagine that dual ball screws on nearly every axis could be problematic, from a maintenance perspective in a few years.

If you're considering swaying from Okuma, and you said an important word - "Automotive" - then I'd look at Makino.

Otherwise, just stay with the Okuma.

No direct experience here, but the Mori DCG machines are impressive from a design & construction point of view. The iron seems very well thought out. That being said, I can imagine that dual ball screws on nearly every axis could be problematic, from a maintenance perspective in a few years.

If you're considering swaying from Okuma, and you said an important word - "Automotive" - then I'd look at Makino.

Otherwise, just stay with the Okuma.
At the end, even if the Mori was extremely cost convenient, we decided to stay with okuma. It might not be the best on the market, but it is surely the best fit for our production line. We will have a full department with only okuma osp300 control, so it is going to be much easier to manage for me and for my workers.

Thanks to anyone who gave me his thoughts!

Back