What's new
What's new

Okuma OSP U 100L q

Jorgens

Aluminum
Hi.

Being fairly new to cnc machining (and this machine) I have a question for you.
Machine is a Okuma Spaceturn 200.

When I for instance have a threading cycle in my programme, and I need to correct the tooling, I go out of the programme, load it again, search for the blocknumber and restart. It takes a lot of time, so my question is; Is there a function in the OSP that will let me run just the threading cycle until I`m finished?

Hope you understand what I mean :)

Br
Jørgen

I'm not sure I understand. Does your threading tool do more than just thread?

You can do a sequence restart from a sequence no. (N number), or a block no. (actual number of blocks executed)

If you hit feed hold in the middle of a threading cycle and look in the upper right hand corner of the screen, it will show the current number of executed blocks.

So, you can run thru part of your threading cycle, note the executed block no., hit reset, adjust whatever, and do a sequence restart at that block no. and it will pick up in the middle of your threading cycle.

Also works in the middle of a LAP cycle so you don't have to cut air until you get where you want.

Either way, during sequence restart the control will execute the whole program internally until it gets to the restart point you specified. It takes just as long either way.

What I mean is if I hve finished the outside turning to, let`s say Ø 10 mm, and the next is the threading cycle.
At once the machine starts the threading cycle, my q was more if there was a function key/command that would lock the programme in the threading cycle, so I can do the tooladjustments until the threading is ok, then turn off this function and continue with the next cycle in the programme. Would be a big timesaver for me.

No. I've never heard of that with any control I've used.

You could put it in single block and it will stop after a single threading pass, but if you adjust the offset, it won't pick up the adjustment until it reads the tool offset call again.(T0x0x0x)

I usually just back the tool off .010, run it, check it, make adjustment and re-run it.
It doesn't really take too long.

Or maybe you're trying to pick up a thread?

You could do it by creating a loop that you use a variable to exit:
NTHRD

(Threading portion of program)

IF[V1 EQ 123]NTHRD

You then set common variable 1 to 123 to get it to loop. Once you are done, set it to any other value.

Back