What's new
What's new

Okuma uploading from floppy

EnginCycles

Aluminum
I am trying to upload a file from a floppy to my Okuma. The control is a U10L

I am saving the file as a .MIN and it is showing up in the directory in MS/DOS as such. I select it and add the ,MD1: but it always says 5000 MS-DOS ERROR and won't work. I tried all kinds of stuff and it just won't load it. What am I missing here? I also tried ,MD1: <filename.min> and not adding anything. No version seems to work.

Thanks in advance for any help with this. Ultimately I want the RS-232 going but I figured the floppy was the easier approach!

-Drew

Odd update. I have a disc that came with the machine. It has tons of files on it and they will in fact upload. From what I can tell they are the same style as mine is. I noticed there is no % at the start and end so I removed them. That did not help. I am using a program called EdytorNC to save the program. It is the program I use to send files over RS-232 to my mill and it works very well. This might be my problem but I am not sure what else to do to save it. Lastly it has this weird symbol at the end of the program. I tried to copy and paste it but still don't know what it is and it did not seem to make a difference.

Back