What's new
What's new

Okuma VTM-80YB G52 code not working

Hi Guys,

Really struggling here to make my G52 code work correctly on my new Okuma vertical borer. When I set a tool with the B axis at 0, it machines it bang on size, its perfect. However, when I rotate the angle of the tool, it cuts the completely wrong position in the X and Z axis. I was assured that it would work it out and calculate it, if I put this code for example;

TL=0101 BA=45 G52

Currently, I've only tried this on my turning tools as I'm proving them out before my milling tools. Depending on what tool and what angle I'm using it at, the difference can be up to 20 thou. Just wondering if anybody has seen this before and knows how to correct it. I don't know if there is a certain way I've got to enter the tip rad, because I've tried putting no rad in, ive also tried putting different rads in and none of this seems to affect it.

I've also tried playing with my B centre offset in the parameters, but that just makes it worse. Any help would be massively appreciated. Feels like I'm just banging my head against a brick wall trying to figure this out 🙈

Thanks In Advance

Mike

Back