What's new
What's new

Okuma year end pricing on M560V 99k!

Edster

Diamond
Did everyone see okuma's year end pricing on there Genos M560V. 99k well equipped with a hinge belt chip conveyor. I've seen the price vary for the same configuration from 115k to 145k over the years. 99k is the lowest I've ever seen the price for this machine.

They also have a new warranty structure on this machine.

Keep in mind the dollar vs yen and inventory levels make Japanese machine prices vary vs a US machine builder. If you think you would like a Japanese machine keep an eye on the prices. You may very well be surprised how much of a discount you can get if the time is right. Of course the opposite is also true the prices can raise dramatically.

Not sure about other builders but Yamazen also has very good pricing on new machines now.

Merry Christmas!

Apparently Okuma and some of the other builders have overbuilt stock of machines, not anticipating the effects of the global economic slowdown.

The United States is about the only economy in the world that is still growing.

Germany is in a world of economic hurt, and that tends to spill over to all of Europe.

China is in a funk not seen in over three decades. So much for the “theory” that the Chinese economy doesn’t depend on America’s business — the trade war has essentially killed their rapid economic growth.

So, the deals in machine tools are out there to be had, that’s for sure!

Apparently Okuma and some of the other builders have overbuilt stock of machines, not anticipating the effects of the global economic slowdown.

The United States is about the only economy in the world that is still growing.

Germany is in a world of economic hurt, and that tends to spill over to all of Europe.

China is in a funk not seen in over three decades. So much for the “theory” that the Chinese economy doesn’t depend on America’s business — the trade war has essentially killed their rapid economic growth.

About 5 or 6 six years ago the factory in Taiwan that makes the Genos's castings were at capacity then as well / good deals but nothing like what Edster is shining light on.

I gotta admit I have a hawkish eye on the Makino second hand market... Seems machines that you would never see are coming onto the market ?

I don't know if those were oversold leases / financing/ repoe'd machines ?

We shouldn't be too happy about being the only economic bright spot in the world. It's likely fragile, and due to extending ourselves with credit (what could go wrong?).

And speaking of credit, where can I get some? Argh, such a good deal!!

<snip >

Keep in mind the dollar vs yen and inventory levels make Japanese machine prices vary vs a US machine builder. If you think you would like a Japanese machine keep an eye on the prices. You may very well be surprised how much of a discount you can get if the time is right. Of course the opposite is also true the prices can raise dramatically.

<snip>

Merry Christmas!

I will try this on with my local Makino sales "Peeps"...

They absolutely will not budge on price but offer ludicrous financing deals through a third party.

Me: "Have you got any specials on machine A, or B or C or for that matter D ?"

Sales : "No Makino machines ARE very special... so NO !" ~ No soup for you …

It's good to know what's going on with the exchange rates but I wonder if the vendors seek to keep that for themselves and NOT pass that onto the customer.

That is super inexpensive … Nice

Any similar breaks on Genos M460v 5ax ?

haha...nope. Just had local sales and region manager in the shop, I asked that very question. I've seen a couple on the used market pretty damn reasonable though.

haha...nope. Just had local sales and region manager in the shop, I asked that very question. I've seen a couple on the used market pretty damn reasonable though.

Wow, for realz, second hand M460V 5ax ? (You wouldn't expect that/ have anyone that has one let go of one given the MU (non Genos) predecessor has an amazing service life / lasts almost forever two or three shifts .)

Man, I wish I had a little more time to sell some junk! LOL

Actually Okuma Silly season isn't normally the end of the year. February/March are typically good times.

This is a good deal, almost as good as the one I got 5 years ago. you need probing and the bizarre tool diameter offset option to be a real killer machine and options are expensive. But yeah..$115K on your floor..somewhere around that.

Wow, for realz second hand M460V 5ax ? (You wouldn't expect that/ have anyone that has one let go of one given the MU (non Genos) predecessor has an amazing service life / lasts almost forever 2 or three shifts .)

Yep, a 2016 and a 2018 is what I've seen. I think they bumped the magazine up to 48 tools this year, those were still 32.

Yeah not sure why they are loose on the market, I wouldn't expect them to last long. Prices were sub $200

Actually Okuma Silly season isn't normally the end of the year. February/March are typically good times.

This is a good deal, almost as good as the one I got 5 years ago. you need probing and the bizarre tool diameter offset option to be a real killer machine and options are expensive. But yeah..$115K on your floor..somewhere around that.

Probing is a must imo. What bizarre tool diameter offset option are you referring to? I have 4 okuma mills and don't remember needing a tool diameter offset option.

Yep, a 2016 and a 2018 is what I've seen. I think they bumped the magazine up to 48 tools this year, those were still 32.

Yeah not sure why they are loose on the market, I wouldn't expect them to last long. Prices were sub $200

Thanks for chiming in with that. YES indeed . Not much google-Fu was required to find those.

That's a real steal.

That machine in a prototype to light production (type) cell ~ That machine would outlive me.

It's kinda weird in the brochures / pdfs that the machine has linear scales but not direct angular scales (ring encoders) but with hypoid gears etc. is pretty damn accurate rotationally + encoders on the servos.

Some folks may not like the height of the table... for lifting fixtures etc. / I like the height (personally) but means other tables and moving equipment set to different height so you don't kill yourself/ kill your back.

Hard to fathom why someone would be getting rid of those machines.

Indeed bumped up to 48 tools.

Probing is a must imo. What bizarre tool diameter offset option are you referring to? I have 4 okuma mills and don't remember needing a tool diameter offset option.

You made me dig out the PO just to make sure I wasn't crazy

662-8384-9 was the option number, described as tool wear compensation.

So either it was an option and now is included or I got sold the "undercoating and Clear coat" package. Which even if I did I made out, the current deal is really good but I still beat it...at least in 5 year old dollars.

Either way it's a great machine at a great price, IMO the best money you can spend on 40x20 40 taper.

It's kinda weird in the brochures / pdfs that the machine has linear scales but not direct angular scales (ring encoders) but with hypoid gears etc. is pretty damn accurate rotationally + encoders on the servos.

I believe the MU400 has rotary encoders on the table and trunnion. Not sure if they changed that for the genos series but I doubt it. The MU4000 has rotary encoder on the table and trunnion and it uses a dd motor on the table and a roller gear drive on the trunnion.

I believe the MU400 has rotary encoders on the table and trunnion. Not sure if they changed that for the genos series but I doubt it. The MU4000 has rotary encoder on the table and trunnion and it uses a dd motor on the table and a roller gear drive on the trunnion.

I agree the MU400 and the genos M-460 V 5ax are identical except there are some actual option upgrades (as standard) on the Genos (nice). I think a lesser spec'd MU400 (back in the day / not too long ago), was in the neighborhood of $600K so the Genos is a lot cheaper and better spec'd as standard.

Yeah... so the servo that drives the trunnion cradle and the servo that drives c axis rotary have encoders on them but I don't think there is direct read head and ring encoders for the C and A axis around those respective bearings and axes - as a direct read system. The encoders are indirect for rotary positioning (I believe)*.

I'll double check 'cuz it's not in the pdfs / quotes / brochures (the linear scales are) and seems to be source of confusion.

Providing there's no backlash and excessive wear it's not a problem in all cases.

YOUR machine (MU 4000V if memory serves me right ?) IS ultra accurate to a few arc seconds. :D

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

* If the Genos m460V 5ax does have direct read ring-encoders around the A and C axes bearings that would be super super awesome.

I'll bug my new sales reps after Christmas etc.

Back