What's new
What's new

Siemens 6401 Tool-changer Alarm after Complete System Reboot

Ox

Diamond
After full-on system reboot, I lost all of my FIX and TOOL Offsets, as well as the program that was active at time of crash.

We were able to run the last cpl days on a single tool application, but I need to get the changer working now.

Umbrella is in position 9, with tool 9 in spindle, but it thinks that T1 is in the spindle, and the alarm seems to preclude that the control thinks that there is already a tool in pocket 1 (actually pocket 9) so there is no room at the Inn.

The manual lists the alarm and gives some remedies for it, but they don't appear to be per my situation. Generally addressing "Big Tool" status or whatnot...

The umbrella position is a complete non-issue. I can adjust that.
My issue is not knowing how to git it to be convinced to unload the current tool in the current pocket?

Anyone have a clue where to begin on this?

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Got it!

I resorted to playing with it....
Pushing buttons here and there ...
Randomly trying this or that ...

Somehow I lost T1 on my tool list in the process.

punched more buttons....

So in stead of trying T1, I punched in T2 and the dumb thing goes and drops my tool and loads T2 (T10)

Loaded T3, then T20, then tried T1 aggin...

Nope - no T1.

So I look at my tool list aggin and find T1 is below the end of the list in what appears to be an "inactive state".
I highlighted it and hit a side soft key labeled something to the order of "New Tool" and it moved into position on the list.

Then I tried to change to T1 - and it did!

So now - all I have to doo is move the umbrella cover with all the numbers on it around to line up - and then re-measure all the tools in the magazine again and I should be back in business.

Thanks guys!
Don't know where I'd be without'cha! :bowdown:

-----------------

Back in Business Aggin!
Ox

Don't mention it Ox, really it was nothing at all.:D

Without asking I kinda been trying figure out what happened. Is this situation why you was needing the old dos program? Apparently in hopes to recover the lost programs? If you don't mind saying what's up with the "crash"? Musta banged it a good one?

Brent

Crash being relative to on board 'putor.

We have been fussing with this for months now.

This is related to many threads on Siemens, old dos progs, you name it.
It's been a long battle, when all along it needed the pc type unit replaced.
The dos prog(s) were about loading old software to a new hard drive, which ultimately hasn't seemed to work yet for some reason. ???

I have no clue what happened.
It just woke up dead one day.
Actually, it would get stuck at [seemingly] 90% through the boot stage. Seemed to be a corrupted file, but apparently something bad on the hardware.

It actually seems like there was more to it as the cnc drive was out of whack as well.

It's kind of bothersome that we have two sister machines that have different electronics behind the scene, and doesn't allow swapping parts for troubleshooting.

------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

The dos prog(s) were about loading old software to a new hard drive, which ultimately hasn't seemed to work yet for some reason. ???
Have you tried something like dd, which is a straight bit-copying program ? The trouble with a lot of those copy programs is they interpret the data, where what you want is just 0's and 1's copied over *exactly* as they appear on the donor disk.

dd does that, and maybe one or two others.

Back