Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ok, so went through everything as best I can.
    1) donít think itís tailstock, appears completely manual with no sensors , just forward/retract
    2) not chuck, operates normally , spins up
    3) primed oil pump till its function is normal/ oil running down slides.
    4) canít M26 tailstock/ no MDI accepted
    5) canít MDI T0100 or T0000 .
    6) connected computer but as Iíve been told- no difference
    7) chip conveyer has only a 3 phase power outlet, no other input to machine.

Start reject continues on any auto,single block or MDI command.

Could anyone answer these ?

1) canít locate a memory battery ANYWHERE on the Fanuc boards.. missing?
    2) how would a Fanuc 10t present if the memory battery was missing? Could you still run all movements in manual?
    3) can anyone tell me where the memory battery is located on a Fanuc 10

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

AFAIK there are no batteries on a board. The backup batteries should be in a black plastic battery box(s)- these hold between 4 and 6 D cells and the ones I'm familiar with say FANUC in red letters on the cover. Most I've seen are usually mounted in the wall of the control cabinet or in the the face of a door, although my mill has them inside the control cabinet. The access door is attached with two slotted head captive screws. Do not change the batteries with the control off- you will loose your parameters. Usually if the batteries are low, you will (might) get a "bat" message on the CRT. This is probably a MTB feature, but I'm not 100% sure about that. Hope this helps, but I doubt its the issue you are having, but its worth a try.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just wanted to post what the problem was and how it was resolved.
    For some reason, the turret needs to be ďzeroedĒ by going to MDI, type T0000; insert start. I do this after zero returning X and Z axes.

Then it will not throw the 059 alarm and everything functions normally. Maybe this is a normal operation for this control however itís a new one to me.

Thanks for all your input.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davefurney View Post
    Then it will not throw the 059 alarm and everything functions normally. Maybe this is a normal operation for this control however itís a new one to me.

Hello Dave,
    Its a MTB's issue and not control specific. The MTB decides what hardware conditions that have to be met before a program can be executed.

Regards,

Bill

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davefurney View Post
    Just wanted to post what the problem was and how it was resolved.
    For some reason, the turret needs to be “zeroed” by going to MDI, type T0000; insert start. I do this after zero returning X and Z axes.

Then it will not throw the 059 alarm and everything functions normally. Maybe this is a normal operation for this control however it’s a new one to me.

Thank you for the follow up! There are far to many threads where the OP disappears after resolving their problems leaving others in the future with similar problems scratching their heads.

Glad you got it resolved. Old machines each have their own personality and need to be stroked and caressed accordingly