What's new
What's new

old software

elbrummett

Plastic
does anyone know if an old editor "Macro Pro 3.0" by programming unlimited
can be run in windows 10 ? works fine on my old xp .
any help would be appreciated .

It might not. VMware is a good way to get old software to run on the newer OSs. Just need to make the existing XP laptop into a virtual machine and copy it to the new laptop for use under Windows 10.

Everything about W10 is so different from all earlier versions that it is like trying to figure out a Mac the first time you're exposed to one.

The insistence of W10 doing upgrades is really annoying. Even when you tell it not to, after about 4 boot ups it does it anyway. And every time it does, I loose a bunch of custom settings. On two occasions, it removed all my saved logins. Trying to find out where this POS has put files can be a real adventure. And "access denied" to just about every file is beyond annoying. I am the fucking administrator you fucking piece of shit.

I have two computers sitting side by side: one is a Dell Optiplex780 with W10 and only Firefox beyond the Windows crap, and the other is a home brew with W2K with 4 hard drives and browsers, email, CAD CAM, Lotus, and a bunch of other programs . The W2K will nearly all ways boot up faster than the Dell.

And W10 did away with the start up and shut down sounds because "there just wasn't enough room for those functions any more".

The only reason I keep this POS is because I can't do my banking on the W2K any more.

It's not like I am a noobie, I have computers from DOS 6.22 to W10, including Windows 3.1, NT4, XP, and W7. W10 doesn't want to talk to the other computers. It will talk to the W2K but will not let the W2K talk to it. Sometimes it will talk to the W7 and let W7 talk to it.. The W2K, NT, XP, and W7, freely talk to one another.

W10 doesn't want to talk to the other computers.

There is a security setting in XP and (I think) earlier versions that is turned off preventing Windows 10 computers from talking to them. For the life of me I can't remember the name of it but our IT guy had to show me on one of my Okuma mills where to change it.

Back