What's new
What's new

orange vises

primeholy

Aluminum
Im talking with my boss about possibly getting two orange vises. He asked me if how far they will close as a single station. Will they close all they way like a kurt vise will?

I have a pair of 4th Gen 20" units here and they will close completely with standard width vise jaws installed. I've never tried with thinner jaws or without jaws.

There are two moving jaw positions and you do need to be in the forward position for this to be true.

On another note, Chicks website sucks.:wall:

As an aside I have two Chick 1550's and they also require two positions to span the entire range of the vise. Well it's actually two separate moving jaws not two positions. You use the one that fits the work size you need.

Are these vises as good as kurt at seating parts on parallels? Like how kurt is designed to pull the parts towards the body?

On another note, Chicks website sucks.:wall:

Curious why you think that? They have the machine "configurator thingy" that is nice showing what is compatible with your brand. Also, even though I am not a fan of this, if you register for free they will give you solid models in a number of formats...

If a Kurt style vise is what you are looking for I think you will be happy with the Orange vises.

I have ten 20" Orange Double Vises on machines running parts at the moment, they replaced Kurt Double vises.

I'm not a person that gets enamored with a brand, and is incapable of criticism. While I always think there's room for improvement, they seem to be ongoing with that strategy imo.

I have Gen1-Gen4 vises, and the Gen1s are still on machines making parts. The ever expanding line of accessories has made for some time gains and versatility in set-ups and fixturing options.

As far as them closing all the way in a single station set-up, we converted one last week to a single station with soft jaws that closed on a part leaving a .05" gap between jaws. These were standard 1" wide jaws.

I have replaced all my Kurt single station vises with Orange Double vises and all I can say is the versatility, and the speed of converting to different vice setups,
I don't see any other manufactured 6" double vises that has as much versatility, it is what it is.
These vises have definitely increased my efficiency.

Back