What's new
What's new

Organization

Djstorm100

Cast Iron
Finished the shop the same week I took delivery of my new VF2SSYT. You can see my first machine coward in the corner like a whipped dog, lol. I'm loving the new haas, somethings I have to get use to but over all I'm loving it.

Biggest thing for me right now is to get everything organized
Currently I just have drill bits in schaller red bins. I need to get a drill and tap cabinet, not to take up so much space.
Anyone have any shop hacks or clever ides on storage? My shop is 20x30, hvac big step up from being in a pole barn in the middle of NC heat wave.

uXeKmDBh.jpg

84997654_10217332358846295_6334779536978214912_n.jpg

looks like you hit Sam's club for the workbench. I bought some 7 drawer rollaways. I had to put smaller wheels on them, but they fit underneath the workbench. Lots of storage and they don't take up any more floor space. (I also replaced all 4 wheels with swivel casters, makes them a lot easier to move around)

We keep all our generic drills in these. We have one for letters, one for numbers, one for fractional, and a bigger one for metric.

https://www.huot.com/products/product-category/original-dispenser-cabinets/compact-drill-cabinets-the-original/

Congratulations on your new shop! Good luck!

Back