What's new
What's new

OT--Doosan partners with TITANS of CNC..??

ChipSplitter

Titanium
So did Mr. Gilroy have a fallout with Haas? Anyone have more of the story?

Copied and pasted from a Doosan email blast:
TITANS of CNC is the world’s leader in manufacturing education, and the leading provider of state-of-the-art CNC machine tools [Doosan] just became their new exclusive premier machine tool builder. Yes, that’s us. Together, TITANS of CNC and Doosan Machine Tools will work to close the skills gap and train the next generation of machinists.

https://doosanmachinetools.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d4dc979e3dd952320c92e8625&id=0d7b3854a6&e=6531785772

:popcorn:

They have a Makino, and a couple of others too. Are they gonna have to get rid of those I wonder?

If you were a good racer driving a Pontiac and Porsche made you an offer, what would you do?

Good is subjective in this case...

Can't wait to see (well we probably never will) him program those 800ipm cuts on a machine that *might actually do it!:D

*not sure if a Doosan would or not, no experience with them....

Two words "Highest Bidder". Not that I blame him, deep down everyone is a whore, you just need to settle on your asking price.

I have been watching the Doosans get installed and I was thinking he has come a long way since just HAAS.

He had 2 DMG Mori machines, Lathe and 5 Axis Mill

Got a big Makino Horizontal with a tombstone.

Got a Robodrill with a robot.

He has some cool shit for sure now a days. I have been watching and ;earnig from him for free for a while now but I still dont have a cnc of my own yet.

I like his message and what he's all about and I'm glad he's out there doing it but I can't watch without cringing. He's probably a great salesman, he reminds me of my dad's over the top salesmanship - effective and memorable to the customer - but cringy.

TITANS of CNC is the world’s leader in manufacturing education, and the leading provider of state-of-the-art CNC machine tools [Doosan] just became their new exclusive premier machine tool builder. Yes, that’s us. Together, TITANS of CNC and Doosan Machine Tools will work to close the skills gap and train the next generation of machinists.
[/URL]

Is Doosan really the leading provider of CNC machine tools? They're definitely more capable than a Haas but leading provider seems a stretch? Waiting for Paul on this one...

he's got his job shop work and then the academy stuff....my take on it is Doosan is now going to be the main machines for the academy platform. at the end of the day the haas control is a good one to learn off of but a metric ton of guys/shops are still using fanuc controls. titan had a lot of other cnc mfg back before '08 when we was growing wasn't a haas only shop by any means from memory of listening to him at IMTS few years back.

I'm really kicking my self for going Haas instead of Doosan. Not because of Titan but because of the issues I've had with Haas.

Like him or not, Titan is getting you people interested in machining. Sure I can do with out all the "uhhhhh" and "boom"

Is Doosan really the leading provider of CNC machine tools? They're definitely more capable than a Haas but leading provider seems a stretch? Waiting for Paul on this one...

In terms of machines sold, maybe? They cover a lot more bases than most MTBs and have a strong sales presence in just about every country on earth.

I don't have anything against Doosan machines, but I don't think there is any metric other than quantity in which they could legitimately claim to be the "leading provider".

Possibly, they are a HUGE company if you take into account everything they have their hands in.
It could also be marketing where they intentionally leave out a key piece of info like that they are the leading provider (in Korea).

Paul here, LOL, I was waiting for this to make it to PM. It took about a week and a half. Well, this is big. We make some really good machine tools. Say what you like but Doosan has come a very long way. As far as I know, Titan will have many other machine brands. For what he is doing, teaching/showing as many as possible is a must. He got 6 machines from us. An SMX3100, a DVF6500/5AX, a Puma 2600, a Mynx 6500/50, a DNM5700L and one I forget off the top of my head. Mostly larger machines. The DVF6500 weighs 32000 lbs. We are better than Haas by a long shot. Are we better than DMG, Okuma, Mazak, and the others? Could be, by some metrics. Do NOT count us out. Value for the dollar, by most counts, yes, we are better. Some of the others have become complacent to say the least. Doosan is hungry and the Koreans make some really neat stuff. Kind of like what the Japanes were in the 80's and 90's.

Coming out soon is an SMX5100. 15" chuck, 21" chuck optional 10 foot turning length, 32" turning diameter. 72K lbs

Paul
Doosan Machine Tools America

Here I am inside our DHF8000 horizontal, knodding head 5 axis machine. 800MM table, 50 taper beast, as Titan would say.

20190910_100538 (2).jpg

Attachments

• 20190910_100538.jpg
    20190910_100538.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 204
Say what you like but Doosan has come a very long way.

It sounds like you're being defensive.
I don't recall anyone ever bashing Doosan on here (in any thread). Comparisons, sure. Everything I've ever heard about Doosan has been positive.

I agree with Paul, Doosan is much better than Haas. For one, they use either roller guideways or boxways as opposed to Haas, who uses only ball guideways.

The way I had it explained was; balls are about 50% as rigid as boxways, rollers are about 85%. And that was an ex-Haas saleman, too. :D

Doosan is about at the top of our list for a new machine (hopefully this year sometime.....:drool5: ).

It sounds like you're being defensive.
I don't recall anyone ever bashing Doosan on here (in any thread). Comparisons, sure. Everything I've ever heard about Doosan has been positive.

Not being defensive. Had just got back from Titans website. There are still a bunch of 20 year olds that think there is only a single brand of machine tools out there. And yes, there have been instances on here about Doosans' being like Haas.

Back