What's new
What's new

OT- looking for a rubber vulcanizing place in WI

rosie

Hot Rolled
I realize this is off topic, however I wanted the people that frequent this forum(moreso my peers) for input. If it doesn't work here I'll see how swamped it gets in the General forum.

I have a place in Appleton/Kaukana WI area that I've had recoat rolls in the past. However on this batch of parts I think they are a bit high and I'd like to look into other places that do the same. I'd prefer a place within a couple hour drive of central WI, so I can visit and see how their operation works, and to make sure I feel comfortable working with them.

My latest quote for:

-2 rollers striped and re coated to a diameter of about 3.375-3.380 . The core/steel tube size is 3." dia and 3-3/4" long. = $110 ea.

-9 rollers coated (6 new, 3 striped and re coated) to a diameter of about 2.380 . These should be in matched pairs. The core/steel tube size is 1.9" dia and 4" long. = $90. ea

Are these reasonable or do you think they are high. I've had the recoat 36" long rolls that had about the same amount of material added for about $160-175 ea.

Thanks,
Rosie

Rosie,
Ironically, I was talking to these people just yesterday....
I have had no working experience with them, Just met them twice in the last month at two shows. Last month in MPLS for the medical manufacturing show, and yesterday in Chicago at the PackTech show.
I took their card, and told them I did not have an application, but someone on line might be looking for their services.

Industrial Molded Rubber Products - Manufacturer of custom molded rubber goods & rubber covered rollers.

Big Lake is exactly 2 hours from Chippewa Falls.

Molded Dimensions comes to mind. Also American Roller in Union Grove although I usually see bigger stuff there.

And you need to pay attention to the forum rules, spammer.

It would be best if you doo NOT quote spammers.

A) If frequency of the link matters, then you are doubling that frequency. (I don't know the ins-outs of that, but...)

B) If someone comes around to delete the post, then there is your quote still there.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Last edited:
We get our grinding belt backing wheels refurbished at “Contact Rubber” in Bristol....so you can wear your wizard outfit and stop by the Renaissance Fair if you go in the summer! I don’t know if they will do exactly what you need, though. Good luck!

Back