What's new
What's new

OT: Source for "Orange" Anodize in Northeast

wrustle

Titanium
Why is it soooo difficult to find an "Orange" anodizer?

Places advertise many colors for anodize. Call them up, SORRY, we don't do orange.

I had a VERY good vendor in Ct. that did a really good job anodizing my parts.

Expensive min. lot charge and pricing by comparison to other vendors (even on clear and black) but had three consecutive issues with shipping and parts coming back damaged that they would take no responsibility for despite their less than poor packing of the products.

Now I've been with a vendor out in western Mass who's lead time is on average, two weeks. Their work is acceptable, but not the greatest.

I just wrote and asked about a job I shipped out to them on 6-25-15 and they responded that it was shipping on 7-13-15. If I wanted it quicker, I could always pay a premium to have it sooner.

Seriously.......two weeks???

Our regular anodizer is 3-5 days lead time, they pick up on Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's (free pick up and delivery) and their work is good.

Wish they did "Orange"!

Looking for recommendations gentlemen..........would prefer one day UPS shipping from central Mass. as most times I cannot wait four days or more just for shipping back and forth.

Best Regards,
Russ

20130429_131930_zps1d7987cd.jpg

20150422_081044_zps1rirl0za.jpg

20150430_110452_zpsrju8wt9r.jpg

20150430_110433_zpsylvesknj.jpg

If you think 2 weeks is a terrible turnaround for an outside vendor process then maybe you should look at what's causing you to consistently demand same-week return.

The occasional "oh shit" requirement for a fast turnaround is legit... happens to the best of us. Consistently requiring your parts back same-week means your own scheduling is at fault. You either need to get the parts there sooner to allow for OSV time, or you need to start doing anodizing yourself.

IME, the only companies that can get same-week turnaround at a vendor are the people who pay high enough prices to get them to jump, or are people who consist of a great % of their business, that they want to take extra-good care of.

after a local anodizer ruined about 500 parts for me, the customer insisted that his work go to Coating Systems Inc in Lowell Ma. although my work was black, i have been in their plant and seen racks of colored anodized parts that looked very good. orange, i dunno but worth a call, the work they did for me was really nice. and quick and reasonable.

I have used Aotco in Billerica for years. They usually turn parts around very quickly and results have always been great. 99% of my anodize work is black, so I can't comment on their ability to do orange.

I don't know how many parts you're doing per batch but the local anodizing shop I use has basically same day service. Drop them off in the morning and they are ready for pick up in the afternoon.

Thanks for the leads gentlemen, I will certainly check out the local sources first.

Appreciate the helpful responses.

Best Regards,
Russ

after a local anodizer ruined about 500 parts for me, the customer insisted that his work go to Coating Systems Inc in Lowell Ma. although my work was black, i have been in their plant and seen racks of colored anodized parts that looked very good. orange, i dunno but worth a call, the work they did for me was really nice. and quick and reasonable.

These guys may have promise. Their spec sheet does not list orange, but there appears to an orange anodized part pictured. Will give them a call, thanks!

If you think 2 weeks is a terrible turnaround for an outside vendor process then maybe you should look at what's causing you to consistently demand same-week return.

The occasional "oh shit" requirement for a fast turnaround is legit... happens to the best of us. Consistently requiring your parts back same-week means your own scheduling is at fault. You either need to get the parts there sooner to allow for OSV time, or you need to start doing anodizing yourself.

IME, the only companies that can get same-week turnaround at a vendor are the people who pay high enough prices to get them to jump, or are people who consist of a great % of their business, that they want to take extra-good care of.

Huh? Most anodizers/platers 'round these here parts are same week(or usually much less) turnaround. That's the norm.

Huh? Most anodizers/platers 'round these here parts are same week(or usually much less) turnaround. That's the norm.

Yea, no kidding - after reading these replies, I'm thinking we're looking at different realms or something. The anodizers we use can get stuff back in a week, and if we pay extra, they'll turn it around in a couple days. But for the ones that do good work and can certify it to particular processes, they takes weeks, plural, usually. So I think I was in the wrong context initially.

I honestly appreciate the responses guys, but listen,................ I have three excellent sources for all my plating needs, and I would not stray from them for a second.

Valley Plating, West Springfield, MA

CIL, Lawrence, MA

Westfield Electroplating, Westfield, MA

The problem is ORANGE ANODIZE. :D

None of them do it.

We use Plainville Plating in CT. Faster, cheaper, and more consistent than the last place we were using.

I think we've had some stuff done in orange from them, though we do enough volume with them that I think we have a custom color and a special tank.

Russ,

I swear by Light Metals Coloring, in Southington, Conn. Call, and ask for Mark Thomas. Explain the color issue, AND the handling issue. You will not be disappointed. For years they did the Semiconductor ESC'S seen on my web site. they know their business. I should add, we built specialty shipping containers for those parts, as UPS had their way with a few parts.

Best of luck,
Chris

Russ,

I swear by Light Metals Coloring, in Southington, Conn. Call, and ask for Mark Thomas. Explain the color issue, AND the handling issue. You will not be disappointed. For years they did the Semiconductor ESC'S seen on my web site. they know their business. I should add, we built specialty shipping containers for those parts, as UPS had their way with a few parts.

Best of luck,
Chris

Checked out their website. Will give them a call on Monday. Thank you!

Back