What's new
What's new

Overtravel alarm Fanuc 0T

Harry B

Plastic
Hello all!
I have bought a Femco Durga 25E with Fanuc 0T system, the lathe hade lost all it's parameters so I have hade some intresting time to type them in again, now I have what I hope a last problem! I get overtravel in x and z when I try to drive it to the home pos! How do I fix this? I can get it to the home pos in bouth axel if I first press P + can, and then I get x and z values, shall I type those values in to parameters 704 for x and parm 705 for z? or to where if not to those parameters? How to fix this?.. :nutter:

Best regards: Harry

Oh fk what is it again.

You need to START the machine while holding in two buttons, I think it's P and CANCEL but really not sure. Then you run reference point.

I'm sure someone remembers which two buttons it is.

Yes, I have done that! But what do I need to do so that I dont need to hold in P and Can evry thime I need to run it to reference point?
Some parameter-(s) need to be uppdated with the walues I get when I at last have succeeded to get it to ref point.. But what parameters need to be
uppdated??

Hello all!
I have bought a Femco Durga 25E with Fanuc 0T system, the lathe hade lost all it's parameters so I have hade some intresting time to type them in again, now I have what I hope a last problem! I get overtravel in x and z when I try to drive it to the home pos! How do I fix this? I can get it to the home pos in bouth axel if I first press P + can, and then I get x and z values, shall I type those values in to parameters 704 for x and parm 705 for z? or to where if not to those parameters? How to fix this?.. :nutter:

Best regards: Harry

I own two femcos same control
at parameter x and y think #704 and #705
make all digits 9999999 and then will
home out,is what i do all the time.

Ok, lets back up a step. Where did you get the parameters that you loaded? If they were correct for the machine, then once you have successfully done a reference return, then you should not have to use the P, CAN procedure again. Having to do P,CAN at every power up indicates that incorrect parameters have been entered or another problem exists.

Thank you Vancbiker! I did get the parameters from a friend who have the same Durga 25E lathe only one yer older, so thise parameters what I have typed in is not the orginal parameters to this lathe! I did not get eny parameters with the machine! They should be all there they sade.. so I have done the best of the sitruation I got in.. evrything seems to be working so far, exept to run it to ref points! If I get it to the ref points with tricks it is all the same next time I start it up, overtravel in X and Z.. How to fix this?

Thank you Vancbiker! I did get the parameters from a friend who have the same Durga 25E lathe only one yer older, so thise parameters what I have typed in is not the orginal parameters to this lathe! I did not get eny parameters with the machine! They should be all there they sade.. so I have done the best of the sitruation I got in.. evrything seems to be working so far, exept to run it to ref points! If I get it to the ref points with tricks it is all the same next time I start it up, overtravel in X and Z.. How to fix this?

if overtravel make parameter bigger depends
what way overtravel 9999999 0r -9999999
that will cure also adjust your table dimension
parameter so doesn't overshoot, i deal sometimes weekly
with that issue.

It would be best to verify that your friends machine has an identical configuration to yours before fully trusting his parameters. A possible major difference that may exist and be responsible for yours not working would be if yours has absolute encoders and his has incremental encoders. Absolute encoders use some different parameters for establishing proper homing.

The travel limit parameters for X and Z are 700 and 701 for the positive direction and 704 and 705 for the negative direction. Setting a large value to 700 and 701 will allow the machine to be homed. Once the initial homing has been completed, then the original values should be reset. These are usually small values often ranging from 500 to 4000 for 700 and 701 (.001mm units on your FEMCO). They are determined by the machine builder so using the original values determined by them is best.

A machine that frequently needs to use the P,CAN procedure or adjusting the soft travel limit to home out has some other underlying trouble that should really be looked into.

if overtravel make parameter bigger depends
what way overtravel 9999999 0r -9999999
that will cure also adjust your table dimension
parameter so doesn't overshoot, i deal sometimes weekly
with that issue.

Thank you for your comment Fadriver! I will try all the possible ways to fix this problem! athervice the next alternative is to sell the lathe as junk to a junk yard and I dont want that when I have come soo faar right now.. I did read in a comment some where about this similar problem that they rekommended the man to keap the walue in memory what turns upp in the screen when it is at ref point, and type then in that walue in the parameter list! maby in parameters 704 and 705, but I would like to hear about your experiense about this matter before I make eny changes in the parameters..

It would be best to verify that your friends machine has an identical configuration to yours before fully trusting his parameters. A possible major difference that may exist and be responsible for yours not working would be if yours has absolute encoders and his has incremental encoders. Absolute encoders use some different parameters for establishing proper homing.

The travel limit parameters for X and Z are 700 and 701 for the positive direction and 704 and 705 for the negative direction. Setting a large value to 700 and 701 will allow the machine to be homed. Once the initial homing has been completed, then the original values should be reset. These are usually small values often ranging from 500 to 4000 for 700 and 701 (.001mm units on your FEMCO). They are determined by the machine builder so using the original values determined by them is best.

A machine that frequently needs to use the P,CAN procedure or adjusting the soft travel limit to home out has some other underlying trouble that should really be looked into.

Thank you for your comment Vancbiker! I will study this and be careful!

Thank you for your comment Fadriver! I will try all the possible ways to fix this problem! athervice the next alternative is to sell the lathe as junk to a junk yard and I dont want that when I have come soo faar right now.. I did read in a comment some where about this similar problem that they rekommended the man to keap the walue in memory what turns upp in the screen when it is at ref point, and type then in that walue in the parameter list! maby in parameters 704 and 705, but I would like to hear about your experiense about this matter before I make eny changes in the parameters..

don't give up, the values you change are only to home-out
after home-out go to original values in parameter, sorry was not trying
to mislead for home parameters are 700 for x and 701 for z,
for my machine #700 =10000,#701 =40000,
the #704 and #705 are working range,on my machines
since are bigger femcos are #704=-503000 AND #705= -700000
Sorry maybe too many beers last nite

don't give up, the values you change are only to home-out
after home-out go to original values in parameter, sorry was not trying
to mislead for home parameters are 700 for x and 701 for z,
for my machine #700 =10000,#701 =40000,
the #704 and #705 are working range,on my machines
since are bigger femcos are #704=-503000 AND #705= -700000
Sorry maybe too many beers last nite

you can e-mail femco in fullerton for a copy of your
parameters, femcos are not moris but they work and easy to
fix, mine running 18 yrs, and help me to pay my bills.

Back