What's new
What's new

Parameter Backup

biglord4ever

Aluminum
Can anyone tell me how to back up my parameters on my machines?

Brother TC-S2C-O
Doosan Lynx 220L (fanuc oi control)

Thanks.

Do you use a USB stick on your Brother? If so, I like to do this with a stick that has nothing on it. Plug in the stick, go to Edit mode, External Program I/O menu, then select Maintenance, you will see a choice for output all data. Do this. You can then save all of these files in a folder on your PC... Also change the (3) AA batteries once a year with the machine powered on. These power the absolute encoders which store the position data.

Do you use a USB stick on your Brother? If so, I like to do this with a stick that has nothing on it. Plug in the stick, go to Edit mode, External Program I/O menu, then select Maintenance, you will see a choice for output all data. Do this. You can then save all of these files in a folder on your PC... Also change the (3) AA batteries once a year with the machine powered on. These power the absolute encoders which store the position data.

Thank you very much!

Keep a printed copy of the parameters for my machine, several copies actually, and one is in a zip-lock bag taped inside the cabinet to boot.

EDIT: Would like to add that the machine was "new-to-us" and failed at 3am on a Monday morning. We had a short deadline, and paid a fee to the machine builder to answer at that time (want to say it was $200). Within 3min, we found a parameter that got mysteriously bumped in operation. Changed one byte and finished the job in time. A plastic bag and a piece of printing paper is no where near $200, or the stress of the timing. My $0.02 worth of useless information :P

you might think about getting 3 USB sticks for each machine ,,, I keep one with only parameters and keep one with programs and there all keep in there own bag with a date ,,,about every 3 or 4 months I copy all the programs to the oldest of the two program sticks ,,

saving my programs that way has saved my butt so many time over the years ,,,

you might think about getting 3 USB sticks for each machine ,,, I keep one with only parameters and keep one with programs and there all keep in there own bag with a date ,,,about every 3 or 4 months I copy all the programs to the oldest of the two program sticks ,,

saving my programs that way has saved my butt so many time over the years ,,,

YES!!! I have 20yr old programs to this day. :)

Some...have been repeating all 20. ;)

Back