What's new

parameter no. for g54 option? fanuc omc

• Thread starter D
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 10,621

D

Hot Rolled
does anyone have the parameter number's for g54 to g59 option for the fanuc omc? It's a 1995 model but i think they are all the same. I've had many many omc's and never knew it was an option till now. All the one's I bought over the years had it. :rolleyes:

Thanks Danny

Hi Heinz,

It IS a leadwell custom built in 1995 with a 48 tool, tool changer,1250 IPM
rapids( HBM ) She is a good size boring mill. control is an OMC Fanuc, with all the fanuc controll's I've owned over the years I have never seen one without the G50's option. And I know thats whats wrong cause I talked with a fanuc tech yesterday (they want $3600.00 for a few parameters

144" X axis, 60" Y axis (up-down), Z axis 72" (in-out)
30HP spindle,
Thanks

NIPM L.L.C.
Danny

Minder what does the P designate? The parameters in this one are just named with numbers.
I will try 910 bit 1 this morning, have to get this thing cutting.Boeing doesn't care that its sunday at 3AM. But I'm not enjoying working today and Haven't even started yet.

If it doesn't work I will have to repost it in MC. I am trying to cut 4 parts at once, and I've found it easier to use g54,55,56,57 in a case like this. I guess a macro would work too. but have to wake up first.

anyways thanks a bunch i'll stop rambling now.

Danny

Minder,
Put 910 parameter to bit #1 and it added work coordinates to the offset page's, but they are offset numbers 01 thru 09 not g50 thru g59 like all my other Fanuc's. They might work except offset numbers 03 and 06 have eratic (eronies) numbers that you can't clear and when you home the machine it homes but instead of reading zero position it reads x95.9780/y47.5788 and the machine is at home 0/0 pos. I don't get it. Maybe there is more than one parameter that needs changing? Just guessing.I just hate to spend $3600.00 for something that always came with the OMC'S. LOL

NIPM L.L.C
Danny

The list I have, all of them have not been verified, I couldn't find any other parameter that pointed to it.
I believe that last one I bought from Fanuc was $300 and they sent a floppy with the parameter option on it to load through the RS232 port.
M.

prices sure have changed. they gave me a price friday for the g54 thru 59 option of $3600. but that was including the tech. coming to the shop and installing it. Know way were they going to give me the parameters to do it myself. They told me they won't do it that way any longer.I guess they are afraid i would sell the option if it was given out.. Maybe they are getting smarter?

Danny

I may be able to lay my hands on the Para. list for a 0 tommorrow, it may be older than a C though.
I will compare it to the list I have and see if I can spot them.
M.

<<<<when you home the machine it homes but instead of reading zero position it reads x95.9780/y47.5788 and the machine is at home 0/0 pos.>>>>>>

Do you have the regular parameter book?
There are some that ref. the Coordinate system, like 0010 bit #7 & possibly 0024 bit #6
The 0010 refers to the coordinate system being plugged in (or not) when the machine is zero'd.
M.

That could have something to do with it.
I think you might be on to something
It has to be something to do with the coordinate system because Z reads 0 at home,, only x/y have crazy numbers when homed, and just for the record when homed x and y appear to be at the zero position definately not 95" away.
I don't have any omc oem parameter books. I never got one with any of the machines i've bought.
Do however have the option parameters book for all of them, BUT here's the thing that upsets me about the option books.... NOT one of them shows parameters for the g54-59 so called option, and all my other machines have it.The HBM is a 1995 and i've bought a VMC with a omc in 2004. The VMC has the offsets so why is it an option on the HBM ?

Take a look at your numbers again, the numbers you see when you home the machine sure seem like the right numbers.
Lets say your G54 is set at X-30.0 and Y-10.0.
When I go home in the G54 mode, I expect the numbers to tell me that I am sitting at X30.0 and Y10.0.
It seems you are getting the right numbers, X and Y should not be Zero, only Z should be Zero.
Heinz.
http://home.columbus.rr.com/hputz

Heinz,

I would agree with you except when I put the parameter to turn on the coordinate's the offset table was set to zero.
On all my other OM control's when it homes with out an offset in the table it homes to zero.
Or am I loosing it? No I'm not loosing it. Just went out to the shop and homed a VMC making sure there is no offsets in it and when it reached zero position the control position also said zero in x/y/z

Danny

What are you doing bumping a 13 year old thread, and disclosing information that should not be done out in the open?

Probably a young guy who is just starting to get into changing parameters, found out about options and obtained a list, then didn't have anything better to do with them than to offer them up on a forum.

I SHOULDNT SAY THIS but he would have been right... IF HE WAS LOOKING FOR THE RELEVANT PARAMETER FOR A LATHE. 916.2 IS NOT A MILL PARAMETER RELATED TO WORK OFFSETS. It does have another meaning for the mill.

austinnathan21, you shouldn't post option parameters out in the open on the forum. Also, look at the date of the thread before you start digging up 13 year old threads.

Back