What's new
What's new

Parameter to NOT clear tool offset data on reset?

aj

Hot Rolled
We have two new (to us) Doosan Lynx 220L lathes with Fanuc Oi controllers. When I'm doing setups and I call up a tool through MDI to take a skim cut, check for clearance, impress my girlfriend, whatever, as soon as I hit RESET the tool geometry goes away and I'm back to machine absolute position. Is there a way (a parameter) to have the machine maintain tool offset position displayed on the screen?

We have three big Nakamuras with 18i-T controllers that won't change the tool position until you call another tool. Guess I got spoiled.

Thanks guys.

Your tool length offset is is reset or your work coordinate is reset? Sounds like you mean work coordinate, but just wanted to clarify.

AJ,

Look in your parameter manual at parameter 5003 I bet you'll find what you're looking for in that one.

Maybe even compare the 0i and your 18i to see if you can figure out which one actually will do what you're wanting?

Brent

THAT'T IT! Param 5003, bit 6, TGC. Probably stands for something like Tool Geometry Clear.

Thanks Brent, Locknut. You da man!

And Brent, for what it's worth, it's the same parameter on the 18i controller.

THAT'T IT! Param 5003, bit 6, TGC. Probably stands for something like Tool Geometry Clear.

Thanks Brent, Locknut. You da man!

And Brent, for what it's worth, it's the same parameter on the 18i controller.

Hello aj,
Its the same for FS16 control onward, but Geometry is bit 7 (left most bit). Bit 6 (LVC) for T series is Offset value of tool offset Not Cleared/Cleared by Reset.

Being able to Clear the Geometry Offset with Reset (by setting TGC to 1) is only valid when LVC, bit 6 of parameter 5003, is set to 1. Accordingly, setting bit 6 to 0 will, by default, disable Cancel of Geometry with Reset.

Regards,

Bill

Being able to Clear the Geometry Offset with Reset (by setting TGC to 1) is only valid when LVC, bit 6 of parameter 5003, is set to 1. Accordingly, setting bit 6 to 0 will, by default, disable Cancel of Geometry with Reset.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks, Bill. I haven't had a chance to actually change the parameters yet. Both machines are in the middle of long production runs and I haven't managed to break in and change anything.

~aj

Hello aj,
Its the same for FS16 control onward, but Geometry is bit 7 (left most bit). Bit 6 (LVC) for T series is Offset value of tool offset Not Cleared/Cleared by Reset.

Regards,

Bill
Hi!.
In my first look, it is interesting not clear the Geometry Offset by Reset button. What are disadvantages/warnings/notices if we change this default behavior of Fanuc? No danger?

Back