What's new
What's new

Parameters for YCM-TC-2

blueboy

Aluminum
Our Supermax lathe lost its memory. We put in what we thought was the right parameters but the chuck thinks its always open. It won't open or close with the foot pedals or with the M code.

Does anyone have a set of parameters they can help out with?:drool5:

Sounds like you did not reload the Diagnostic (PMC) parameters.

Try

YCM USA

Address
20540 Belshaw Ave Carson, CA 90746 USA
Website
Error
Tel
1-310-735-8610
Fax
1-310-631-3806
[email protected]

Bingo!
I talked to Larry and he walked me threw putting the parameters in.

It's up and running again, I was so excited I hugged the control panel:)

Thanks guys for your help!
God bless!!!
Blue

Hello,
We lost parameters for that same machine. Could you share or sell a copy of them?
[email protected]

Thank you

Jolulank

I have an 8" (a2-6) TC-2 with a 2 speed transmission. I will email over the parameters to you shortly.

But be warned, I have the limits modified for extra travel, G30 set up for X since the machine homes in the middle of X and you will likely need to change the memory parameters around as mine has 320 meters. There may be some other things I've changed, since when I got the machine someone had loaded the wrong parameters in the machine and I had to go through and change some stuff. I also think I have the rapids faster than stock.

Regardless if you know what you are doing it should be a good starting point.

Try

YCM USA

Address
20540 Belshaw Ave Carson, CA 90746 USA
Website
Error
Tel
1-310-735-8610
Fax
1-310-631-3806
[email protected]
Thank you so much for this information. I got in touch with Larry via email, he is still working there! He helped me all day reset my parameters on my YCM-TC-15 machine. I found the original parameters in our manual. If this helps anyone, the title (for this specific model at least) of the parameter sheet is: "tc15460.0tc" and there is two sheets, that span from N0001 to N8229.

Thank you, ifixcnc !

Thank you so much for this information. I got in touch with Larry via email, he is still working there! He helped me all day reset my parameters on my YCM-TC-15 machine. I found the original parameters in our manual. If this helps anyone, the title (for this specific model at least) of the parameter sheet is: "tc15460.0tc" and there is two sheets, that span from N0001 to N8229.

Thank you, ifixcnc !

Larry is the man! I have one of these lathes if anyone is still stuck.
As a matter of fact I am still stuck, I put in all the original parameters but it’s still not perfect. The home position is still way off, it used to be around Z 15” and X 8” now it homes itself at Z 13” and X5.3” or so. It’s weird how all the original parameters settings, less changing some things from mm to inches, it’s still ain’t right. Maybe the dealership 20 years ago “tweaked” it?

As a matter of fact I am still stuck, I put in all the original parameters but it’s still not perfect. The home position is still way off, it used to be around Z 15” and X 8” now it homes itself at Z 13” and X5.3” or so. It’s weird how all the original parameters settings, less changing some things from mm to inches, it’s still ain’t right. Maybe the dealership 20 years ago “tweaked” it?
Have you tried using PCan upon startup to let it find switches when it homes? I can fire mine up today I’ll keep an eye on this thread if you need anything.

Have you tried using PCan upon startup to let it find switches when it homes? I can fire mine up today I’ll keep an eye on this thread if you need anything.
Howdy. Yes I have tried PCAN several times to no avail. I’m currently working with Larry, a YCM USA tech who’s been incredibly helpful. Are there any good videos out there showing what exactly PCan does when it works?

Currently my home position hasn’t budged off its current, shortened location. Just cleaned up the home position prox sensors, looking for any busted wires, etc.

Thanks for the assistance! I will let you know if I need anything. Yeah when the memory batteries died, all sorts of stuff happened all at once including this homing issue. It makes me almost want to gurantee it’s software related. Hmm 🤔 learning a lot!

Here’s some pics of where my current home position is. (Approximately 5 inches) And where it used to be, when everything was healthy (approximately 8 inches) so about a 1.5 inch difference on the x axis linearly. (Or, of course, about 3 inches difference accounting for diameter)

IMG_2241.jpeg
IMG_2240.jpeg

Are you holding P and Can before hitting control power on? And keeping them pressed in? As far as I know it lets the machine use the actual switches to find home not the stored limit. What about travel limits? I'm sure Larry will get you straightened out. My machine will be on tomorrow and running for a few days. Let me know if you need anything.

Are you holding P and Can before hitting control power on? And keeping them pressed in? As far as I know it lets the machine use the actual switches to find home not the stored limit. What about travel limits? I'm sure Larry will get you straightened out. My machine will be on tomorrow and running for a few days. Let me know if you need anything.
Finally got it figured out!! It turns out, P CAN had nothing to do with solving the problem (in this case). But perhaps it helped initially at first. Not really sure.

The main issue was, the original parameter sheet states that parameter 1.5 (n0001 bit 5) is supposed to be “1”. After several days, Larry had me try turning this bit off. And it fixed it! 🤯

I’m thinking when I reloaded the default parameters, I changed this back to a 1 when it should have been a 0.

Lesson learned: always take back ups of the parameters… either take pictures with your phone or an RS232 dump. I’m about to do both of these methods once my DB25 cable comes in the mail.

What a roller coaster this has been… thank you Larry from YCM USA!

Yea this board and Larry have saved my ass a few times. Reminds me I gotta back my machine up.
I did end up finally performing a successful P Can last night and got it on video!

Hopefully this can help someone out one day. I found on my machine I had to hold P Can the entire procedure. At least, it certainly didn’t hurt it any. Got the cable coming in the mail today to backup these parameters for likely the first time in the machines life

I did end up finally performing a successful P Can last night and got it on video!

Hopefully this can help someone out one day. I found on my machine I had to hold P Can the entire procedure. At least, it certainly didn’t hurt it any. Got the cable coming in the mail today to backup these parameters for likely the first time in the machines life
Good deal. That one looks different from mine. Mines a 1991. Got a shot of the whole machine?

Back