What's new
What's new

Parity error during dnc fadal 88hs

Aaron3309

Plastic
Hi guys, have my first machine a fadal vmc15 with 88hs that i am trying to drip feed. i got the shop link dnc box and am getting a parity error during dnc message at random points in the program stopping the communication. I can upload small files to the machine memory and run them fine, when i try and run the same exact program with dnc i get the error. It stops at a different point in the program every time.
I spent the last 2 hours on the phone with the applications engineer that sells the shop link and he believes the problem is in the fadal. we have tried the program with and without comments, line numbers, we've tried 4800 and 9600 baud, we uploaded files that would fit on the machine memory then ran pu,2 to send them back to the usb and checked for errors and the files were the same. The shop link seems to communicate correctly theres just something messing up the dnc.

Is there anything else I can try? im using fusion 360 to generate the code

Get a cheap computer or laptop, you can DNC from the laptop/PC. Use either FadalDNC or the DNC program from OneCNC.

The advantage with the laptop/PC over the Calmotion is it'll be cheaper ($100 ?), plus you can edit programs and save programs on the laptop/PC, which you can't do with the Calmotion.

You'll need to make a cable, if you can't do that then get the Calmtion

So I’ve been able to get through a 470kb program but I had to turn the baud rate to 600, which starves the control quite a bit. Anything over 600 baud it stops with a pairity error, the higher the baud rate the sooner it stops. It also always seems to error out after a long straight cut when the buffer is full. Could there be something wrong with the fadal control? The machine sat for 5 years, I just purchased it and it’s in great shape, in all the electrical cabinets it’s pristine. I cleared reset all the memory on the machine and re input all the parameters copying what was in there before and cross referencing with the parameter sheet inside the pendant which matched all the settings that were previously in it.

So I’ve been able to get through a 470kb program but I had to turn the baud rate to 600, which starves the control quite a bit. Anything over 600 baud it stops with a pairity error, the higher the baud rate the sooner it stops. It also always seems to error out after a long straight cut when the buffer is full. Could there be something wrong with the fadal control? The machine sat for 5 years, I just purchased it and it’s in great shape, in all the electrical cabinets it’s pristine. I cleared reset all the memory on the machine and re input all the parameters copying what was in there before and cross referencing with the parameter sheet inside the pendant which matched all the settings that were previously in it.

I doubt anything is wrong with your fadal. a few things too look at mainly your PC is it usinga serial port or you using a USB card for serial. if thats the case then thats your issue.
software and settings are another issue as well as the cable. but with out more info kinda hard to tell.
also are you suing the pc while DNC'ING. screen saver come on, hard drives set to go off at a certain time?

I can run 30 meg programs dnc no problem at 9600 baud. we did that using just dos back in the day and didnt have issues. also what your pin outs. reason I ask is Fadals are forgving however the software isnt,time delays are a problem as well.

Call and talk to Glen at calmotion 395.00 and your problems are over trust me. He definitely knows your Fadal
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the replies, changed the stop bits to 2 on the shoplink dnc box and now I can run at 9600 baud. Ran a large 3D surfacing program with no issues at all as well as a slow test program with lots of straights to try and load up the buffer and no more parity issues.

Back