What's new
What's new

Parts on ebay.

You've been here a long while. It's probably a safe bet I'm not going to be the only one curious what that statement means? Retiring?

Brent

No , I am not retiring, not entirely for sure.
For better and for worst, I always have been the lone wolf type of person. Unable to relay on other people, feeling best doing all activities by myself. So I do have a Master in Electronic Engineering title, but I did all in field installations alone by myself, both SERVO II CNC retrofit systems and probing systems. Good thousand all together. And another thousand of in field laser, ballbar and other stuff calibration activities. Easy estimation of time needed to perform those activities shows, that I am not very young anymore. Due to my age, and facing current corona restrictions, I am not able to continue this in field ONE MAN SHOW, and I decided to cease all in field activities. This is the reason I am putting part of my stuff on ebay.
I will remain active in all activities, which can be held on web: measuring routines development, technical support and, last but not least, active participation in this forum.

I plan to stay around for long.

Stefan

No , I am not retiring, not entirely for sure.
For better and for worst, I always have been the lone wolf type of person. Unable to relay on other people, feeling best doing all activities by myself. So I do have a Master in Electronic Engineering title, but I did all in field installations alone by myself, both SERVO II CNC retrofit systems and probing systems. Good thousand all together. And another thousand of in field laser, ballbar and other stuff calibration activities. Easy estimation of time needed to perform those activities shows, that I am not very young anymore. Due to my age, and facing current corona restrictions, I am not able to continue this in field ONE MAN SHOW, and I decided to cease all in field activities. This is the reason I am putting part of my stuff on ebay.
I will remain active in all activities, which can be held on web: measuring routines development, technical support and, last but not least, active participation in this forum.

I plan to stay around for long.

Stefan

You contributions to the forum has been noted and greatly appreciated by most all who have been here for any length of time. Yes I understand about taking precautionary measures concerning the virus. Due to our North America shut down because of the virus situation my last day a work was March 18th. They've been slowly ramping up production for roughly the last five weeks. Tonight is my first day back since this all started. I hear the environment or individual work stations inside the plant has changed tremendously so we'll see how this goes so enough. I wish you all the best in whatever is next in your future.

Brent

BUSTED FINALLY !!!!
What a unique perception. Winning particularly YOU has always been a wet dream of my life.

I learned a long time ago, that some dogs just have to mark "their" territory no matter HOW far out of the way they are...

Good luck on the sales, and thanks for the help you've given people on the forum.

Probe retrofit

We are considering installing a spindle probe and tool probe on a Kiwa KNH-400 equipped with a Fanuc 18i. We do a lot of castings and we need to set reference positions on features that are constantly changing with every part. What system or brand would you recommend? Would have such hardware for sale?

We are considering installing a spindle probe and tool probe on a Kiwa KNH-400 equipped with a Fanuc 18i. We do a lot of castings and we need to set reference positions on features that are constantly changing with every part. What system or brand would you recommend? Would have such hardware for sale?
1. First of all check if your machine is fitted with features necessary for probe installation:
- Macro B
- Skip function G31
- Skip input (normally X4.7)
- Sufficient memory (some 40 K are needed)
2. If answers to all above are positive, next decision - new system or used from E-bay.
- If used - hunt and see what you find.
- If new:
All recent installations executed by me were based on RADIO systems. I was so fed up with optical transmission problems that I decided to totally switch over to RADIO. I personally strongly recommend the MARPOSS WRS system. In my opinion it is the best engineered Radio Probing System available today, extremely friendly for field installation with some sweet gimmicks which make live so easy (System setup through supplied with each receiver/interface unit TV style remote control rather then these archaic DIP switches. Magnetized base of the receiver, just stick it to the wall, no drilling, no screws.) and of course this Italian look. Installation which I made in several places in the world work just good, to full satisfaction of the customers.

BUSTED FINALLY !!!!
What a unique perception. Winning particularly YOU has always been a wet dream of my life.

"Busted" ??? I'm not "Busted"...YOU are.

You use this website/forum, and now, when it comes time to sell, you say "Screw all of you, I will doo whatever I can to get the MOST money" ?

Typical behavior from so many around here.

You use this website/forum, and now, when it comes time to sell, you say "Screw all of you, I will doo whatever I can to get the MOST money" ?

Ooops !
Another story of my life - WET DREAM is turning into NIGHTMARE. HORROR MOVIE on this forum !!!????!!!

You must long for the days of Soviet Russia, where products had the Party-approved price stamped or cast into them. No Capitalist on-sale prices for you, Comrade!

You contributions to the forum has been noted and greatly appreciated by most all who have been here for any length of time. Yes I understand about taking precautionary measures concerning the virus. Due to our North America shut down because of the virus situation my last day a work was March 18th. They've been slowly ramping up production for roughly the last five weeks. Tonight is my first day back since this all started. I hear the environment or individual work stations inside the plant has changed tremendously so we'll see how this goes so enough. I wish you all the best in whatever is next in your future.

Brent

Holy crap, you have been out of work for like 4 months?!? Crap!

I hope your state has done better than FL for unemployment. Best of luck.

Back