What's new
What's new

peck rigid tapping/oi-td fanuc series cnc lathe p16

henry guevarra

Plastic
is anyone know how to set parameter setting in cnc lathe oi-td fanuc series? how does peck tapping initiate? when i start to run program it position in center of workpiece but when m29 ,,, it alarm and said sindle fault,, im beginner in rigid tapping,, can someone help me

O2010:
G97M29S200:
G0X0Z2:
G84Z-50Q500R500P200F1.25:
G0Z5:
M5:
G28U0:
M30:

is anyone know how to set parameter setting in cnc lathe oi-td fanuc series? how does peck tapping initiate? when i start to run program it position in center of workpiece but when m29 ,,, it alarm and said sindle fault,, im beginner in rigid tapping,, can someone help me

O2010:
G97M29S200:
G0X0Z2:
G0Z5:
M5:
G28U0:
M30:

In MDI try to execute M19 and see what happens? Your machine may not have rigid tap?

M5
G0X.0Z2
G97S250M29
G84Z-16F1.25
G84Z-32F1.25
G84Z-50F1.25
G80
G0Z50

Brent

Try in MDI M19 and what happens? Your machine may not have rigid tap?

M5
G0X.0Z2
G97S250M29
G84Z-16F1.25
G84Z-32F1.25
G84Z-50F1.25
G80
G0Z50

Brent

I called M19 to mdi, the spindle orientation on... i use m19 to untight and tightening the jaw, how did i know if machine has rigid tapping

Scratch that your machine probably has a G84 tapping cycle. Sometimes it matters where the M29 is. Have you tried with the M29 on the same line as the G84?

I don't believe you need the Q R P in the G84 line.

Somebody else will be along shorty to give better help than I can. Sorry

Brent

I called M19 to mdi, the spindle orientation on... i use m19 to untight and tightening the jaw, how did i know if machine has rigid tapping
Hello henry,
Using M19 to tighten jaws is not a clever idea. To some extent depending on the configuration of the control, but the control will generally try and maintain the M19 position. If you pull it far enough away from that position during the jaw tightening exercise, it may want to go around again, taking you along with it.

With regards to how you know if the machine has Rigid Tapping, although I've not seen it documented anywhere, its generally accepted that a machine without a "C" axis but responds to M19, has Rigid Tapping.

Regards,

Bill

Scratch that your machine probably has a G84 tapping cycle. Sometimes it matters where the M29 is. Have you tried with the M29 on the same line as the G84?

I don't believe you need the Q R P in the G84 line.

Somebody else will be along shorty to give better help than I can. Sorry

Brent

Hello Brent,
The Q is invalid for the lathe Rigid Tapping, and I've never found a dwell at the bottom of the hole necessary. There is no problem using R, but not all that necessary when tapping a single hole on centre line.

Regards,

Bill

O2010:
G97M29S200:
G0X0Z2:
G0Z5:
M5:
G28U0:
M30:

Remove the G0X0Z2: line, you cant have a G0 axis move once M29 is commanded.

Rigid mode can be selected either by commanding M29 (which is the number stored in parameter 5210 in the range 0 to 255. If 0 or 29 is stored, M29 selects the rigid mode) in or before the tapping block, or by setting parameter 5200#0 to 1, which would always use rigid mode for G84/G88, as on a milling machine

Peck tapping
Continuous tapping operation up to the bottom of the hole does not clear the chips until final retraction. While this creates no problem for shallow holes, the tapped hole and/or the tap itself may get damaged due to chip clogging, if the hole is too deep (actually, when the depth to diameter ratio is large). In such cases, peck tapping solves the problem, which works in a way similar to hand tapping  we tap up to some distance, then retract a bit by rotating the tap in the opposite direction, then tap further, retract again, and continue in the same manner till the bottom of the hole is reached. A similar thing can be done with G84/G88 also, in both rigid and non-rigid modes, by specifying a Q-word for peck length, as in a peck drilling cycle, provided parameter 5104#6 is set to 1. When this parameter is set to 0, a Q-word in G84/G88 becomes invalid. When set to 1, and pecking is not desired, do not specify a Q-word or specify Q0.
As in case of peck drilling, two types of retractions after every peck is possible: partial retraction (high-speed pecking) and full retraction up to the R-point (standard pecking, suitable for deep holes), selectable through parameter 5200#5 when set to 0 and 1, respectively. The retraction/clearance distance d (as defined in Figs. 2 and 3) during pecks is specified in parameter 5213.

Rigid mode can be selected either by commanding M29 (which is the number stored in parameter 5210 in the range 0 to 255. If 0 or 29 is stored, M29 selects the rigid mode) in or before the tapping block, or by setting parameter 5200#0 to 1, which would always use rigid mode for G84/G88, as on a milling machine

Peck tapping
Continuous tapping operation up to the bottom of the hole does not clear the chips until final retraction. While this creates no problem for shallow holes, the tapped hole and/or the tap itself may get damaged due to chip clogging, if the hole is too deep (actually, when the depth to diameter ratio is large). In such cases, peck tapping solves the problem, which works in a way similar to hand tapping  we tap up to some distance, then retract a bit by rotating the tap in the opposite direction, then tap further, retract again, and continue in the same manner till the bottom of the hole is reached. A similar thing can be done with G84/G88 also, in both rigid and non-rigid modes, by specifying a Q-word for peck length, as in a peck drilling cycle, provided parameter 5104#6 is set to 1. When this parameter is set to 0, a Q-word in G84/G88 becomes invalid. When set to 1, and pecking is not desired, do not specify a Q-word or specify Q0.
As in case of peck drilling, two types of retractions after every peck is possible: partial retraction (high-speed pecking) and full retraction up to the R-point (standard pecking, suitable for deep holes), selectable through parameter 5200#5 when set to 0 and 1, respectively. The retraction/clearance distance d (as defined in Figs. 2 and 3) during pecks is specified in parameter 5213.

Hello Sinha,

I appreciate the time it took to write how to set this up! Explained it so even I could understand. That is a wonderful thing! Thanks a million! :cheers:

Brent

Hello Sinha,

I appreciate the time it took to write how to set this up! Explained it so even I could understand. That is a wonderful thing! Thanks a million! :cheers:

Brent

Thank you Brent for appreciating.
But, it actually took only a couple of minutes. I just copied from my book on live-tool drilling cycles.
Of course, the book took a lot of time, mainly because the yellow manuals are often not easy to interpret.

Back