What's new
What's new

Pick up an existing thread on Milltronics ML18 With Centurion 7200 controller.

Fresno Sam

Plastic
I need to pick up an existing thread on a Milltronics ML18 centurion 7200 controller. Does anyone know if this controller will do this?

I know zero about your control but since nobody showed up yet I'll just toss this at you. Get your part in there running true. Then run the threading sequence above the part so you can watch the threading tool travel across the part. Shift the Z starting position of the threading sequence to align the threading tool in the center of the existing thread. Move the X axis down a bit and repeat the process making sure the tool is still aligned with the center thread. Repeat this process until your close enough to the thread and confident about alignment to start cutting the part. Once you touch the part if you see it cutting on only one side of the thread then shift the Z starting position of threading sequence a smidgen the opposite direction.

In the end this is a crapshoot so just do the best you can with alignment, be sure to hold your mouth correctly and keep fingers crossed. If it was me it take it over to the engine lathe if that was an option?

Brent

Thanks Brent, for your input. That idea crossed my mind but I was hoping to find out if anyone had any experience with the same situation on this machine. I dont think its capable. The thread is a .187 pitch. None of our lathes will cut that. I always hold my mouth correctly.:)

3.5 degree Chamfer cut

hello
I am working on cnc Router. i wanted to cut 3.5 degrees chamfer edges on 0.5'' thick plastic sheet.Is 30 degree angle bit is good to cut that? if no, what tool should i use to cut 3.5 degree angle chamfer edge? can anyone help me with the idea?

Parth

hello
I am working on cnc Router. i wanted to cut 3.5 degrees chamfer edges on 0.5'' thick plastic sheet.Is 30 degree angle bit is good to cut that? if no, what tool should i use to cut 3.5 degree angle chamfer edge? can anyone help with any idea?

Parth

hello
I am working on cnc Router. i wanted to cut 3.5 degrees chamfer edges on 0.5'' thick plastic sheet.Is 30 degree angle bit is good to cut that? if no, what tool should i use to cut 3.5 degree angle chamfer edge? can anyone help with any idea?

Parth

Few people here speak Canadian. Try in the woodworking forum.

I know zero about your control but since nobody showed up yet I'll just toss this at you. Get your part in there running true. Then run the threading sequence above the part so you can watch the threading tool travel across the part. Shift the Z starting position of the threading sequence to align the threading tool in the center of the existing thread. Move the X axis down a bit and repeat the process making sure the tool is still aligned with the center thread. Repeat this process until your close enough to the thread and confident about alignment to start cutting the part. Once you touch the part if you see it cutting on only one side of the thread then shift the Z starting position of threading sequence a smidgen the opposite direction.

In the end this is a crapshoot so just do the best you can with alignment, be sure to hold your mouth correctly and keep fingers crossed. If it was me it take it over to the engine lathe if that was an option?

Brent

That's how I do it on my ML20

Back