What's new
What's new

Please help!!

randellchris14

Plastic
My company just purchased a Doosan 220 LYC. I've successfully created and ran my own programs as well as programs written with our CAD software. My current job requires the use of the programmable tailstock. I know how to move and position the the the tailstock body, however I can't seem to get the quill to stay on the part, either using the switch on the controls or M78. I've got the pressure up too 200 lbs but when using M78, after 20 seconds or so the alarm (2092) is triggered. How do I set the quill to find the part and stay? Any and all help/info will be greatly appreciated!

My company just purchased a Doosan 220 LYC. I've successfully created and ran my own programs as well as programs written with our CAD software. My current job requires the use of the programmable tailstock. I know how to move and position the the the tailstock body, however I can't seem to get the quill to stay on the part, either using the switch on the controls or M78. I've got the pressure up too 200 lbs but when using M78, after 20 seconds or so the alarm (2092) is triggered. How do I set the quill to find the part and stay? Any and all help/info will be greatly appreciated!

Why oh why don't people READ THE POSTING RULES, there about a dozen people who would be happy to help and maybe someone will before before this post gets locked and deleted because of the title. How do you archive a post that says please help???? How about please help with a Doosan 220 LYC..... You will get help and I won't waste 5 minutes of my life on this post. BTW I know nothing about any Doosan.

Yeah read the rules! I thought you might be drowning?

My first guess is are you camping the tailstock to the bed? Is the quill pushing the tailstock back? Is it pushing the work back in the chuck?

I think that machine has a quill position sensor. The 2092 alarm is an out of position alarm. The quill should be almost fully extended for the sensor to return a "tailstock ready".

There should be a prox sensor inside the tailstock, if you remove the cover you can see where the quill has to be. It sounds like you are not extended enough, and the alarm is generated when it times out waiting for the "ready"..

Is there an indicator light on the control that tells when the quill is in position?

believe I agree with the guy ^^ up there on the prox switch alarm but how do you move the tailstock? Did it come with a macro to position it?

You re you calling a M47?

M46 Tailstock unclamp & pin advance
M47 Tailstock clamp & pin retract

M78 Quill Advanced
M79 Quill Retract

Brent

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...ma-300-tailstock-programming-question-268404/

forward position sensor...it doesn't want the machine to run if the quill was stuck or something and your part wasn't actually supported. If it's anything like the part eject sensor on one of my lathes you could do it in MDI and also get it to alarm out as the control will waits for the M78 to complete...probably an "M-FIN" alarm? You could test it in MDI with no part in there - I'd bet it works fine and the highlighted M78 command completes in no time. Put a part in and it alarms out after 20 sec while waiting for the position confirmation

Back