What's new
What's new

Please Help Okuma 5000L Alarm 952 Green Screen Model

Russelp

Plastic
I have a 952 Alarm C in my Okuma LC40M Running hours over. this machine does not appear to have the Parameter pages where you set and change the NC Hour Meter settings for NC Run Time. The 5000L-G model does but that is not helping us.
Could this alarm be related to the Schedule Option which one of my employees was trying to make work for a particular job.

Last edited:
You may need to look in the parameter "long word" menu or the schedule. Also if the machine has Tool Life Management, it could be generating this alarm.

I have a 952 Alarm in my Okuma LC40M Running hours over. this machine does not appear to have the Parameter pages where you set and change the NC Hour Meter settings for NC Run Time. The 5000L-G model does but that is not helping us.
Could this alarm be related to the Schedule Option which one of my employees was trying to make work for a particular job.

I'm not going to look for my Red book for OSP 5000. When you or others have questions about specific Alarms, you need to include the Alarm message not just the number. Also Okuma has 5+Error categories of Alarms (maybe 3+Error on that control) but they are significant when diagnosing the problem. Alarm codes A, B, C, D, P and Error are all different meanings and causes.

R

I'm not going to look for my Red book for OSP 5000. When you or others have questions about specific Alarms, you need to include the Alarm message not just the number. Also Okuma has 5+Error categories of Alarms (maybe 3+Error on that control) but they are significant when diagnosing the problem. Alarm codes A, B, C, D, P and Error are all different meanings and causes.

R

Thanks for that, Alarm C Running time over. I hope that makes sense. I only got one manual with the machine when I brought it 2nd hand and have brought some more on Amazon but they mostly relate to the later 5000L-G control.

I have Checked all 3 types of parameters but can only find 1 page of 32 parameters for each type. The Machine running time is on page 2 of long word or Short Word parameters and that page I cannot find. I have seen it on later controllers and would love to know how to access that on my controller. Thanks

Thanks for that, Alarm C Running time over. I hope that makes sense. I only got one manual with the machine when I brought it 2nd hand and have brought some more on Amazon but they mostly relate to the later 5000L-G control.

Alarm "C" is a low level alarm. So most likely some option or setting is telling the OSP to crap out.

So it may be a comms setting as the came up as I tried to download a program.
I was talking to a guy nearby here and he said they used to get the same problem with their 3000L control and had to relaod the control tapes. The only problem with that idea is I dont have the control tapes that came with the machine.

So it may be a comms setting as the came up as I tried to download a program.
I was talking to a guy nearby here and he said they used to get the same problem with their 3000L control and had to relaod the control tapes. The only problem with that idea is I dont have the control tapes that came with the machine.

I would post a new thread asking if anyone has them. It's a pretty old control, but I would guess someone has them. If not you are going to need to ask Okuma Australia.

R

Thanks I have put in an inquiry to Okuma Australia through the NZ agents. Hopefully we get some answers from them soon as I am having to pay some-else to do the jobs I did on that machine.

Ask em for the PDF of the Alarms. Heck, could even ask for PDFs of the manuals. My US distributor has always been helpful when I was missing a book or other info.
Wade

Here in the US we have different distributors for various regions, but the person I talk to in the parts department for my region (Hartwig) has always been helpful and able to find what ever I needed in PDF form and email it to me. And the techs have always been nice and helpful, though initially I had to be sent around to a few people to find a guy that was around when the older controls were and had experience with them. Im going to be bummed here in a year and a half when he retires. :(

Hopefully your Okuma people are as great to you as the ones I have here are to me!
Wade

Thanks Wade I have found a guy in Okuma NZ who is now talking with Australia and Japan about my problem. I have just sent off pictures of my Screen etc. Hopefully we get some answers soon. I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Well Okuma think my system is corrupted and this is why I cannot find the page where I should be able to reset the timers in the machine. This would not be a problem if I had the original paper tapes to reload into the machine but there were no tapes that came with this machine. They think they can supply a new set for $3.5 to $4.5K which is nearly as much as the machine is worth although we may be able to find a set of tapes to an Okuma LC401ST straight Lathe without the M options. We dont use the milling features anyway and can turn the motors involved off on there drive boards. If this is a practical option it may get the lathe going again as it is running real well and accurate still.

I hear you. But sometimes we have to bite the bullet and quit trying to scrape every last bit of Vegemite out of the bottle.

R

I am thinking you might be right Rob, I have had a lot of good feedback on this and it might take a while to some tapes but I will let you know how it all turns out.

Back