What's new
What's new

Omniturn GT-75

Blobis

Plastic
Hello, I need to find someone who knows about Omniturn GT-75, Wondering if I can hook up a single phase 220 to 3 phase 5 hp. VFD to a Omniturn GT-75.
Any advice would be great,
Thanks, Bob.

Do not own a GT75 but have several conversion Omniturns. They already have a variable frequency drive for the spindle. I do not think you want 2 VFDs on the same machine. In the old shop we had only 220 single phase and used one rotary to power all the machines. If you do this instead be sure that your line 220 powers the controls and the generated leg goes to the third leg. If your coolant pump runs backwards reverse the leads on the control.
The CNC control box on your GT-75 will be on the same circuit as your other relays and controls and it needs a firm 200(with 110 to ground). Another benefit of the rotary is if correctly sized you maybe able to run all machines or future machines off one rotary. You may want for more to ask on the electrical section of the forum.

Look at the electrical nameplate. It appears they have been available in 3ph or 1ph. If single phase, you just plug it into a 220V outlet. If three phase, you'll need a phase converter, not just a VFD since you aren't just controlling a motor.

The guys at Ominturn did say my internal VFD could be run on single phase. Seems like it would be harder on the electronics to have all the load on a single circuit. Call them and ask, they are most helpful.

Most of your coolant pumps will be 3 phase but there are fixes for that.

I believe the C-axis machines need 3 phase but the 4 standard GT 75 and GT juniors I have run on single phase. The coolant pump and control are single phase. Live tooling drives may be 3 phase depending on the model.

RT

Back