What's new
What's new

Pocket nc cnc v2 ideas. Reviews etc

dauntae

Plastic
I've looked online for a review of this machine, and only find shill vids or voiceless artsy demos in plastic. Does anyone have this machine or know of a review. I'm looking mostly to make small models, dnd minis, quick prototype gun parts etc so volume is fine. But I do need at least some semblance of repeatability and tolerance to make model engines and bolt locking lugs and stuff. Bring this isn't a money making thing I dont want a 60k haas. Will this do the job?

Go look up Ekramer3 on instagram. He's the only one I've seen actually getting serious use out of one.

I'd still consider it a toy and wouldn't trust it for tight tolerance work, and it can only take very light cuts. Still very neat for the price though.

But I do need at least some semblance of repeatability and tolerance to make model engines and bolt locking lugs and stuff. Bring this isn't a money making thing I dont want a 60k haas. Will this do the job?

Their website says +/- 0.002" repeatability on X, Y, and Z at 0% load.

I seriously doubt you'll be able to make model engines on this thing. Folks are able to make model engines on a budget by using boring heads on a mill and turning pistons, rods, and shafts on a lathe. The Pocket NC has a 1/8" tool collet and is essentially a glorified carving machine. I have yet to see someone carve or whittle away at engine components with 1/8" tools.

Do you currently own any machines at all? Conventional lathe or mill?

I've looked online for a review of this machine, and only find shill vids or voiceless artsy demos in plastic. Does anyone have this machine or know of a review. I'm looking mostly to make small models, dnd minis, quick prototype gun parts etc so volume is fine. But I do need at least some semblance of repeatability and tolerance to make model engines and bolt locking lugs and stuff. Bring this isn't a money making thing I dont want a 60k haas. Will this do the job?

We are a community of professionals, not Hobbyists. Even our Hobbyists are pro. You aren't going to find the feedback you are looking for here. That junk is among the unmentionables. Still not sure why Haas isn't on the list either. :D

R

Back