Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Pocket nc cnc v2 ideas. Reviews etc

I've looked online for a review of this machine, and only find shill vids or voiceless artsy demos in plastic. Does anyone have this machine or know of a review. I'm looking mostly to make small models, dnd minis, quick prototype gun parts etc so volume is fine. But I do need at least some semblance of repeatability and tolerance to make model engines and bolt locking lugs and stuff. Bring this isn't a money making thing I dont want a 60k haas. Will this do the job?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Go look up Ekramer3 on instagram. He's the only one I've seen actually getting serious use out of one.

I'd still consider it a toy and wouldn't trust it for tight tolerance work, and it can only take very light cuts. Still very neat for the price though.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dauntae View Post
    But I do need at least some semblance of repeatability and tolerance to make model engines and bolt locking lugs and stuff. Bring this isn't a money making thing I dont want a 60k haas. Will this do the job?
    Their website says +/- 0.002" repeatability on X, Y, and Z at 0% load.

I seriously doubt you'll be able to make model engines on this thing. Folks are able to make model engines on a budget by using boring heads on a mill and turning pistons, rods, and shafts on a lathe. The Pocket NC has a 1/8" tool collet and is essentially a glorified carving machine. I have yet to see someone carve or whittle away at engine components with 1/8" tools.

Do you currently own any machines at all? Conventional lathe or mill?

4. Likes vegard liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dauntae View Post
    I've looked online for a review of this machine, and only find shill vids or voiceless artsy demos in plastic. Does anyone have this machine or know of a review. I'm looking mostly to make small models, dnd minis, quick prototype gun parts etc so volume is fine. But I do need at least some semblance of repeatability and tolerance to make model engines and bolt locking lugs and stuff. Bring this isn't a money making thing I dont want a 60k haas. Will this do the job?
    We are a community of professionals, not Hobbyists. Even our Hobbyists are pro. You aren't going to find the feedback you are looking for here. That junk is among the unmentionables. Still not sure why Haas isn't on the list either.

R

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Pocket NC folks have a forum with several active users, so you might try there.

Google Groups