What's new
What's new

Possibility of adding an indexer/rotary to a Fanuc 18m/Johnford SV-32

Fred T

Cast Iron
I have a silly idea of wanting to add an indexer/rotary to my Johnford SV-32. So.... any ideas on cost, availbility, useability, how to etc.? I do have a port on the bottom of my control panel although I am not at all sure what it is for. Lets hear it.

Thanks again
Fred T

Are you wanting true 4th or just 4th positioning. If its just positioning you could get a nice used Haas HRT-210 and control box for under $10K. The hole in the panel is a no go. the unit will have to attach to a drive installed in the electronics cabinet. Whatever decision you go with don't use those Monkeys at Absolute Tool or Flint Machine Tools that sell Johnford try to install it unless you want to be down for a few weeks while their 3 ring circus tries to decipher the Fanuc manual.

Fortunately for me I have always had great luck with the Absolute Machine folks. I think I would just like to have positioning, a true 4th would be great but cost prohibitive, and at 10,000 the whole idea may be cost prohibitive. Thanks for the insight tho.

Fred T

Back