What's new
What's new

Posts for Brother M140X1

nickj02

Plastic
Is anyone aware of a post for the M140X1 for something other than Mastercam? I've got some lathe parts that I thought would be cool to bring over but I dont use/dont want to buy Mastercam. I've been using Gibbs and Fusion and am considering Autodesk HSM. Getting a post for this machine seems like it might be a pain.

InventorHSM uses java ish language. I've done some minor mods for my application, but i suspect they already have a post for your brother, or can help develop what you need.

As Wsurfer points out, Autodesk have recent post processors for Speedio models. If properly configured (A tilt, C rotate) they will post code for the M140X1(2). BUT, when you look at the Javascript file of the post, there is no mention of M142 (turning spindle), M303, M304, M305 and other codes characteristic of turning features. Thus, the post will work for 3+2, but won't post for turning (at least I could not find any evidence addressing turning).

From a look at the Autodesk CAM Forum, Post Processor subform, there have been very few comments re: the Brother M140; and no developments regarding the turning functions. Might be worthwhile posting your question there to see if anyone has already edited the post and will share it. Or, if any efforts are being made to develop a post.

Lastly, there are a number of mill/turn posts for Fanuc in the Autodesk post library that might provide clues on how to modify the current Brother post to accommodate the M140.

Fred

PS nickj02, do you have an M140x1?

Any body have a list of G and M codes for brother 140x1 WHO WANTS TO SHARE I need it for a cam software
a company is goint to prepare me a posprocesor for a clean g code and once i finish it i can share you AND IF SOMEBODY CAN SEND ME A NC FILE ONLY TO SEE The structure i appreciate
my mail is
[email protected]

I have heard Esprit has a 'perfect' post for the M140.

8303.jpg

CAMplete is also working on something that sounds very promising.

No I don't have one...I was considering buying one, but the post processor issue seems to be a major hurdle

Know this is a bit old, but an fyi for those who still may be interested. Autodesk post writers have put out a first version of a post for Brother MX140x2. A description of this initial effort and request for feedback can be found on the Autodesk HSM forum for Post Ideas; the link is below.

Brother Speedio M140X2 Post processor - Autodesk Community

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but its use for MX140x1 would require it to handle swinging the spindle in opposite direction and possibly a different location when programming to machine from a single wcs.

Fred

Back