What's new
What's new

Premier Equipment in Florida

I bought a 2006 Doosan 2000sy from Tom at Permier last year, it was a great experiance. The machine was everything they said it was. I would buy from them again.

I've been shopping for machines as well and I've talked to Mike Collins from there. I think we bought a Kitagawa 8" chuck from them... the sale went well and the chuck was in very good condition as described. Haven't bought any machines from them yet, but if they had what I wanted I definitely would.

I've bought and sold through them with Joe Grant out of Florida.

Prompt, Efficient, no problems whatsoever. I'd do business with him again in a heartbeat

I bought several machines from them a couple of years ago the machines were as advertised. I remember the truck driver was not happy because they made him tarp the machines before they would let him leave, on the other hand i thanked them for making the driver tarp them before leaving.Later Jason.

5-6-7 years ago, their prices where nuts, however, recently they seem to have come down into reasonable range.

I bought a machine from them 2 years ago, out of Canada, the day the whole TARP shit passed, and credit tightened up like my dollars weren't worth anything.

Got some money from bank of Dad, and the shipping out of Canada was delayed since they were moving them all on one day, and I wasn't the only one having problems, and since they were including rigging, they wanted one rigger, one day.

They got me some dirt cheap shipping, took care of the crap at the border. They did good on the shipping, before the machine was even picked up, I had a scheduled delivery. 8am Friday morning, the truck was here at 7:50, at exactly 8am, it was untarped, unstrapped and ready for unloading.

The machine was missing the advertised 3 jaw for the 4th, they just bought a new one and had it drop shipped, no problems, no screaming and hollering. There was a DOA warranty on it. They even followed up a few times to make sure everything went well and smoothly.

I didn't get a screaming deal, I didn't get a bad deal, I bought the machine at a fair price, got a screaming deal on the shipping. Where I got a screaming deal was the machine was absolutely in tip top mechanical shape when it got here, which I wasn't expecting, luck of the draw I guess.

A pleasant transaction, no high pressure crap, nice salesmen, they got me answers when I had a question, they didn't get pissed off when I called them 10 times a day for a week straight.

I'd buy from them again.

Got my horizontal thru pete at premire. good experiance.

The other day i called a different place to sell my Duravertical for me. 10min later they called back and said they had a buyer. The knew my bottom dollar that i needed when i called. They would have made 5k off of the deal IF they would have been honest and made the deal, instead he told me how much they had it sold for (5k more than i told them i needed) and then they said they would give me 10k less!!! 10k for a phone call and 10min my ass..never will do business with them again.

Premier is the largest seller of used Mazaks in America.

Plus, they are the exclusive distributor of new Mazaks in Florida and Georgia.

So, they must be doing something right...

Just gonna throw this out there as I checked often the used websites over the last couple years, I talked to a few of them, but didn't buy any used cncs from anyone yet. But often when machines show up on a few websites, Kd capital generally has the best listed price of them so far, sometimes 10-20% less which is a big difference. While some other dealers are still way out there, like a 10yr old machine for 10K less than a brand new one installed today, sorry, this ain't 2008 yet...

Funny,

KD Capital wanted $20k more for the smae machine than we paid through Joe Grant at Premier...

I guess it's a matter of how much you know when you call....

I base it mostly on the price KD lists on their website, vs the emails I get every few days from a few other dealers including premier. One that comes to mind was a 88K Firm duraturn, which was at 78K on KD and likely had a little room to bargain on.
Might just depend on who's closer to the actual machine and who's really the initial seller that was contacted, rest mark it up from that point on?
Oh well, I've pretty much decided to go new for everything unless a really major exception shows itself.

You used to work with Premier? You worked for Resell CNC for a bit recently right? If this is who I am thinking of, I heard the FBI was asking around about you. They came and talked to anyone who may have had contact with you. I don't know why and I don't care but I thought I would let you know.

Thanks, but no.
You have me confused with someone I apparently don't know.
Besides an old school friend who's an agent, I married into a LEO family.
I'm pretty sure that would have come to my attention.:D
Just wanted to set the record straight.

They screwed me over pretty good about 4-5 years ago. Bought a mazak qt-8 from them, described as in perfect working order.

It needed about 5k worth of work to get it running.

Axis drive board was shot, tool setter was in a box, had been ripped off in a crash obviously as it was fractured, parts catcher was off machine twisted into a pretzel. Pics did not reflect condition.

They refused to help or cover any costs.

I know we're on an old post, but this thread was all I could find on them.

I just got a quote on a brother drill/tap from Premier for 15K. I was combing ebay when I came across the same mill at 8K. Not a similar mill, the exact same mill. Not even different pictures.

Is this a normal business practice? From their site I don't see any sort of guarantees for machine functionality, inspection, or delivery. I understand marking up for administrative costs, website maintenance and "knowing where to look," but for 7K, that doesn't seem to add up.

Thoughts?

I can tell you that at one time I had a machine advertised for sale myself. Next thing I knew MY machine was on Premier's site for sale. They didn't ask my permission or anything.

This has been a disturbing trend for several years, does not bring faith to the members of the MDNA. I would never buy from anyone who doesnt have the machine in their possession.

Charles

Back