What's new
What's new

Presetter

Gerrythewelshman

Cast Iron
Hi All,
A home made pre-setter using and old vernier.
We have a an expensive presetter but this is what I made
up to service our 2 Kitamuras. Cheep and cheerful but it
does the bis.

Attachments

• setter.jpg
    setter.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 180
Have you used this yet? It looks a little rough... Not knocking you, just saying by the extension of the measuring 'tip', seems like you could/would get a lot of variation.

Yup what Mike said. On another hand what tolerances are you working with, this cant be good for setting/ measuring .0002 length.

Hi All,
does the bis.

i assume you zero it to a test bar with a known calibrated length. i check daily my tool setter with a calibrated test bar size that is engraved on the side of it

Hi All,
does the bis.

Hey, if it works and is as accurate as you need it to be, then more power to ya!
:cheers:

No offense. But nothing new here. A piece of ground Tooling plate. A tool block and a digital height gage. All over the shop at a Boeing subcontractor I use to work at 20 yrs. ago. Good for .0005" all day long.

presetting

i assume you zero it to a test bar with a known calibrated length. i check daily my tool setter with a calibrated test bar size that is engraved on the side of it

Hi DMF_TomB,
I use a Dial Taster and use this to set the work zero
very fast for the X Y Z positioning. As the tooling is set using this method,
its a very fast way of setting and you can have its Z height kept when out of the machine
(we use yellow stencil)until you change the tool ,(special tooling or any other).

Back